• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fml

Jbro

I was at the beach Sunday-yesterday came home early because my back is jacked up and wanted to go home and get some rest. I left the wife and kids behind until tomorrow.

Yesterday, I walk in the door no more than 5 minutes later wife calls that her transmission went out on her Nissan Murrano. She calls a tow truck but before the tow truck shows up a cop shows up and another tow truck follows and the cop tells her that her car is being impounded for being parked illegaly (it had only been there for 30 mins) and it is a $150 fee. She asks them to go ahead and take it to the Nissan dealership, he refuses but he says he will wait and give the car to the tow truck driver she called after she forks over $150. The cop agreed with him.She pays the $150 to him then another $150 to the other driver (it was an hour drive to the nissan dealership and he took her back to the hotel.)

She ask the dealership for a rental (yesterday) cause I am not supposed to be driving they say it will be ready today at noon. She calls them up at 11 am to confirm and they say they forgot to reserve one and sold out we are SOL. Now I have to drive to the beach pick them up, drive back drop them off, go back to the beach to get her car sometime next week and come back.

I found out that Nissan extended the warranty from 5 yrs/60k to 10 yrs/120k on her CVT transmission because of so many problems they had with them so I get happy that everything will be reimbursed. They just called me and said it is the transmission they think but they will not know if it is covered until Monday or Tuesday (talking about a 5-6k bill probably). I think they are taking advantage of her because they know she is stuck and a women (I don't blame them for that). Anyways me weekend sucks, PM me boobie pictures.

Did you authorize a 5-6k tranny repair?

If not tell the dealer they better get it covered under warranty or they'll be hearing from the BAR.

Could not hurt to call Nissan USA either and start a case asking for assistance.

No, I have just read that is how much it usually costs for her car. I should be getting a call today with the specifics.

Archived