• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vacation destination within driving distance from Charlotte

Cat

That is for sure!

Honestly, I'd love to go on a trip by myself for about a week and do pretty much nothing. :drool5:

I've got a trip for you that is right in your backyard and costs less than a tank of gas...10 hits of acid.

Wouldn't be a week though, but you would probably be changed enough to still be on vacation.

Baltimore Harbor is within 7 hours and lots to do there. One of my favorite places to go for a long weekend.

National Aquarium

Fort McHenry

Great shopping along the harbor

Science Center

Maritime Museum

Ships to tour

Children's Museum.

Etc...

http://baltimore.org/about-baltimore/inner-harbor

Baltimore is one of those cities where you can walk two blocks in the wrong direction and find yourself somewhere you never wanted to be.

And get shot.

Have you ever been to a place called Vaccaros (sp?) in Baltimore?

http://www.findrentals.com/59586.html

I rented this for my g/f (now wife) and I a year and a half ago and had a blast. It's near App State, theres a lot of stuff up in that area to do, but we mostly enjoyed the hot tub, cooking steaks, and relaxing there. It's a pretty short and scenic drive as well.

Wow that's really nice. I bet you guys did have a blast!

I would do that cause it looks beautiful but my parents have a cabin in VA mountains so I can't justify spending money on something similar even though I get bored with staying in the same cabin everytime.

I think I'm wanting something with cleaning service and a restaurant on site. I need a vacation from cleaning and cooking.

Anyone gone to Blowing Rock and having any lodging tips or must do activities? I've been searching for stuff online and am just tired of researching stuff.

I love Blowing Rock, would live there if I could...

The wife and I have stayed at the Green Park Inn, right near 'The' Blowing Rock a few years back and liked it... it's old and more like a B&B.

Archived