• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do we miss most?

Cyberjag

The only one is Harris, but not for his playing ability. The biggest issue on defense we have right now, IMO, is a lack of communication in the secondary. I don't think Martin has enough experience, and Godfrey is still trying to find himself, so both could really use the vet presence back there.

The only other guy might be Vincent, but only until Otah gets back. I think Bernadeau has been ok, and Schwartz, has been, well, not good. But I believe both are really hurt by playing next to each other when neither are very experienced. They each need a vet next to them to hold the fort while they learn, but unfortunately, they have not had that luxury.

Other than them, I don't think we really miss anyone all that much. Peppers, maybe, but it's not like he's tearing it up in Chicago, and wasn't a consistent play maker when here. I think we just have to bite the bullitt and deal with the growing pains of all our young guys, but in the long run, I think we will be set up to be very good with most of these guys we have.

Cmon now we don't miss anyone right?? Everyone we lost was mediocre or worse and all the new guys are upgrades.

Doesn't matter that Fiametta looked bad yesterday and that we don't have a second receiver. Doesn't matter that we have had 1 sack in 2 games and can't get pressure. It doesn't matter that our secondary is the same as it was last year with the exception of Harris and after 2 games we are 20th against the pass.

We have plenty of leaders on the team, it doesn't matter we replaced so many starters. Right???

The fallacy with all that logic is that people here were trying to look at individual positions and players and decide if on a talent basis if there was equity when that is not how football works. Football is about team effort, chemistry and working together. Right now this team is bad on both sides of the ball. It isn't about missing one player or two but replacing 9 starters with guys who have little experience, aren't leaders, and will need time to learn the offense and defense.

One of the myriad of things I worried about was what happens if we get in a hole and we don't have the leaders to hang tough and dig our way out.

Should be interesting. But for me I miss several guys and obviously so do the Panthers.

Not sure anyone wants to hear this, but since Brayton hasn't played yet we have missed the pressure on the QB the most... so Peppers. The outcome of the first two games could have been completely different if the D line had some sacks, forced fumbles, and more pressure.

So the d line has to pick their game up big time. Hopefully getting Leonard & Brayton back will help a lot.

Dan Henning.

Our offense isn't ready and both execution and play calling are, well, the worst I've seen it in years. It's like no one is really trying on offense. No one. That falls on the OC's shoulders.

But that's what we get for grabbing one of the 25,000 coaching candidates from the Belichik tree. Bill is a strong, strong tree, but he produces lackluster fruit.

Archived