• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod is here to calm the waters of the huddle....

Zod

Shhhhhhh

Hush now

Everything is going to be OK.

No Peppers will not be a Panther next season. Wait wait... step down from that window, put away the rope. I am here to help you.

If the Panthers were planning to keep Peppers, they would have gotten it done during the season. Just like with Steve Smith, Deshaun Foster, and every other important vet in the system. If they don't get it done, and frankly, don't try very hard to get it done, its not going to happen.

Now, you need some good news. Peppers was not a leader. He never was. Its not his personality type. Beason is the leader of this defense, and will have a very long career in Carolina. Our Derrick Brooks.

Its all going to be ok. We will reclaim a first round draft pick for Peppers and maybe more. There will be a drop in the p lay of the defense next season, but really, since they suck so bad anyways will you notice?

There there now, have a corn dog. It will make you feel better.

You're welcome.

Love,

Zod

I hear ya Zod, but it's kind of like when you tell all your boys that you've had it with your girlfriend and you plan on leaving her...but then she leaves you...and you know, it hurts man. Like you're not good enough.

That sounded kind of fruity...but you get the idea. I'm not mad at losing him as much as I am upset that HE doesn't want US.

...I'm sensitive. I guess I'll just eat my corndog.

Shhhhhhh

Hush now

Everything is going to be OK.

No Peppers will not be a Panther next season. Wait wait... step down from that window, put away the rope. I am here to help you.

If the Panthers were planning to keep Peppers, they would have gotten it done during the season. Just like with Steve Smith, Deshaun Foster, and every other important vet in the system. If they don't get it done, and frankly, don't try very hard to get it done, its not going to happen.

Now, you need some good news. Peppers was not a leader. He never was. Its not his personality type. Beason is the leader of this defense, and will have a very long career in Carolina. Our Derrick Brooks.

Its all going to be ok. We will reclaim a first round draft pick for Peppers and maybe more. There will be a drop in the p lay of the defense next season, but really, since they suck so bad anyways will you notice?

There there now, have a corn dog. It will make you feel better.

You're welcome.

Love,

Zod

Ahhh Zod...it is no wonder you are the leader of Panthers' nation.

Your very words alone calm the Huddle.

My first time here. Peppers doesn`t want to be here because our def coor hold him back and play this conservative crap and he feels he`s not playing to his full potential. If he wants to go then let him go but the front office better get rid of a certain coach who just isn`t effective anymore. Also the past few years Pep hasn`t been playing all that great anyway consistantly.

I don't think Peppers is going to thrive in any other system really. Getting to elite status has to come from within, and he doesn't have what it takes in there. He's getting older and blaming the coaches now, which is petty.

We won't notice he's gone.

I don't think Peppers is going to thrive in any other system really. Getting to elite status has to come from within, and he doesn't have what it takes in there. He's getting older and blaming the coaches now, which is petty.

We won't notice he's gone.

i think he will i think our system held him back..why drop a guy that can pressure the QB like that into covarage all the time...

we made peppers do a lot more than the average DE did. so i am not suprised if anything i hope we make some changes to the coaching staff because from his statment it sounds like he did not like are def himself

i think he will i think our system held him back..why drop a guy that can pressure the QB like that into covarage all the time...

we made peppers do a lot more than the average DE did. so i am not suprised if anything i hope we make some changes to the coaching staff because from his statment it sounds like he did not like are def himself

Did you notice us dropping him into coverage constantly against Arizona? We didn't, and Gandy handled him without help.

We drop every DL into coverage at times--even Kemo. Peppers is the only lineman who uses it as an excuse for his disappearing act.

Archived