• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's first game.

mav1234

So, let's try to look at it like this:

1) He is a rookie. No, he didn't post awesome numbers.

2) He looked fairly average most of the time, but showed flashes of great decision making.

3) He made many mistakes, some which you can blame on him being a rookie.

4) It was evident he really did not work with the starters a ton, because he had way more chemistry with Lafell, Gettis, and Goodson than anyone else on the team.

5) After that game, I am actually hopeful. While we're going to lose way more than we win, I actually feel pretty good now because I feel like I have something to watch over the season.

overall, I'd say he looked pretty good and he very well could be "the future," but it's way too early to tell.

ps: a lot of the loss today was on mental mistakes, lack of focus, and poor coaching. That fake punt that they converted early tells everything about this Panthers team.

He wasn't bad but it 's unfair to expect him to be the catalyst that transforms the team. He fuged up 2 snaps which is pretty ridiculous. We have got to get Otah back and Gross needs to fuging step his game up. We have 3 potential INTs today and that would have changed the game. The refs screwed us on a few occasions too.

I just love how we don't even try to score until the 4th qtr. Un f'kn believable.

Sorry I didn't see any "flashes of greatness". I saw a couple of decent plays among a bunch of bad ones.

But unlike many, I expected this. And I expect a better performance out of him next week.

Perhaps "flashes of greatness" is a bit too much, but he made two excellent throws (both to Lafell on that last drive, with one being complete). He also showed awareness in the pocket on most plays beyond what I would have expected of the rookie quarterback. Also, one the play that came back on holding the way he managed to escape and hit a receiver for a first down was very impressive.

Sorry I didn't see any "flashes of greatness". I saw a couple of decent plays among a bunch of bad ones.

A 23 year old rookie getting his first start in the rain against a very good D looked just as good, if not better, than our 4 year vet.

We should definitely sub Moore in once the games stop counting though. He fuging rocks with no pressure.

But unlike many, I expected this. And I expect a better performance out of him next week.

If people on a message board couldn't give one poo what you expect, why would Clausen?

Perhaps "flashes of greatness" is a bit too much, but he made two excellent throws (both to Lafell on that last drive, with one being complete). He also showed awareness in the pocket on most plays beyond what I would have expected of the rookie quarterback. Also, one the play that came back on holding the way he managed to escape and hit a receiver for a first down was very impressive.

He also made a bunch of stupid decisions. It's a wash if you ask me. Not impressed. There are only two things that save him: he's a rook and no QB could do any better with this team.

He didn't look too hot in the first half. In the second half he looked alright; a whole lot better than Moore did last week. Give him time and he'll be a good quarterback. I liked the 43-yard throw to Lafell and the one in the in-zone that should have been caught. Gettis had some good catches also. The truth is that this team has much bigger problems than quarterback.

Archived