• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doesn't it suck..

The Saltman

That we had to wait all offseason for football to come back and watch our favorite team play? Now we have to wait all season for it to end and do the whole process all over again. Not saying that we can't turn it around but next year is obviously going to be a year full of craziness in the offseason just like this one.

I just wanted to watch us be competitive and maybe have a shot at the playoffs. Now we are basically the worst team in the league with a Rookie QB, a lame duck coach, and expiring contracts on the horizon.

FML.

Yea for real. Even if we don't make the playoffs, it's so much worse when their season is over almost as soon as it starts. I guess we all should have seen this coming, but it's hard not to wear your rose-colored glasses. The prospects of making the playoffs keep me engaged thoughout the season, but when they lose their first 3 games, it bascially renders the remaining games moot. Two years in a row now - screw it, I need to get another hobby anyways.

I was telling my friend this the other day... That's the worst part about football. You only have 16 games, so if you suck at the beginning you pretty much already know your season is going to suck and you'll have to wait almost another whole calendar year to be good again.

We already know this team is horrible, so as the a lot of the threads in the forum suggest, all we have to look forward to is the draft, a new coach, etc. This year is even worse though b/c we may have a lockout so that would essentially blow all that poo up...

That's the worst part about football... The season is so short so the anticipation is so big and so is the let down once you realize your team sucks.

I'm watching every game as if it's a preseason game. The outcome ultimately won't matter, but it's fun to see some of these young guys play.

And you know what? I'm okay with that.

I've kind of taken that approach, but I still can't stop myself from getting pissed off and angry when we don't even make it close. It's hard to detach myself from the outcome emotionally even though I've already accepted it.

I'm watching every game as if it's a preseason game. The outcome ultimately won't matter, but it's fun to see some of these young guys play.

And you know what? I'm okay with that.

Yeah, after Clausen threw the first pick and I slammed my remote control down, I walked away from the TV and and took a deep breath, and said "screw it" and adopted this same mentality too.

I'm also watching the other teams who might beat us and might be playoff contenders to see if they are for-real.

That we had to wait all offseason for football to come back and watch our favorite team play? Now we have to wait all season for it to end and do the whole process all over again. Not saying that we can't turn it around but next year is obviously going to be a year full of craziness in the offseason just like this one.

I just wanted to watch us be competitive and maybe have a shot at the playoffs. Now we are basically the worst team in the league with a Rookie QB, a lame duck coach, and expiring contracts on the horizon.

FML.

Can't wait until offseason

Archived