• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Head Coaches

Mr. Scot

We need a coach that is so proven and respected that JR will leave him alone .It will not matter who we get if JR and his flunkies are pulling all the stings and making all the idiotic decisions like they did this year.

If by proven, you mean retread...I don't see JR going that route again unless it was someone who was a HC briefly but has been a coordinator again for a while.

I do see an increasing chance that they go with a college coach that has had success at multiple schools and is still relatively young like Harbaugh or someone who has worked or played under several good coaches such as Grimm.

If by proven, you mean retread...I don't see JR going that route again unless it was someone who was a HC briefly but has been a coordinator again for a while.

I do see an increasing chance that they go with a college coach that has had success at multiple schools and is still relatively young like Harbaugh or someone who has worked or played under several good coaches such as Grimm.

I mean proven to JR.... retread or not.If he continues to pull all the strings this teams future will be like the movie Ground hog day.

The decisions he made in 2010 were simply stupid.In the words of Forrest Gump Stupid is as stupid does or something like that

Some other college coaches that I think they would consider besides Harbaugh from Stanford would be:

Gene Chizik from Auburn,

Chip Kelly from Oregon,

Brian Kelly from Notre Dame,

Gary Patterson from TCU,

Kyle Whittingham from Utah,

Kirk Ferentz from Iowa

Wow this is the second time that Bian Kelly has came up.The first time Pat Yasinskas said watch for brian kelly. I know he is a good defensive coach but do you believe that he will coach the panthers. I know he has a good track record but he didnt do that well his first two season at Central Michigan but then he caught fire. Also Team president Danny Morrison was an AD in Div 1 college.He will have some ties with the coaches. But right now icant see Gene Chizik or Chip Kelly or Gary patterson. The only person i can really see is kirk Ferentz an Idk if he would like to coach in the NFL de to the fact he turned down a job a while ago.

Also abouut the statement i made about Gruden i wouldnt bet my money on it. But he will have a shot who would you want better to develop Jimmy Clausen or who ever the QB be.He want be able to run crazy because Marty Hurney wouldnt allow it. I seriously dont think Jerry Richardson will be cheap for going after a coach. I also believe it has to be a guy that Jerry Richardson fills comfortable to lead his franchise.

This thread is now 1156 posts long - 116 pages on standard settings - and I'm not sure it's practical for anyone wanting to catch up on the discussion (even with links in the initial post).

I'm thinking of doing a new version, pared down to only the most serious candidates, which at this point I would consider to be the following.

- Harbaugh

- Grimm

- Rivera

- McDermott

- Fewell

I'm open to suggestions on whether that pool needs to be expanded (though I really don't think so) or shortened. And if so, who do I add or remove?

This thread is now 1156 posts long - 116 pages on standard settings - and I'm not sure it's practical for anyone wanting to catch up on the discussion (even with links in the initial post).

I'm thinking of doing a new version, pared down to only the most serious candidates, which at this point I would consider to be the following.

- Harbaugh

- Grimm

- Rivera

- McDermott

- Fewell

I'm open to suggestions on whether that pool needs to be expanded (though I really don't think so) or shortened. And if so, who do I add or remove?

I think those 5 are pretty accurate

See I worry about McDermontt. His defense has been severely lacking w/ Samuel, and we don't have a Samuel, if you know what I mean...

to me Rivera should be the top Defensive candidate. That Chargers Defense is stout. Idk what the hell happened to Leslie Fraizer's D.

of course #1 is Harbaugh, but my hopes have faded :(

2006 NFL Draft: OMFG. I WANT VINCE YOUNG HE IS SUCH A GREAT PASSER AND RUNNER; JUST LOOK AT HIM IN COLLEGE IN THAT SYSTEM THAT TAILORED FOR PURE ATHLETICISM.

2007 NFL Draft: OMFG. I WANT JAMARCUS RUSSELL HE IS SUCH A GREAT PASSER AND RUNNER; JUST LOOK AT HIM IN COLLEGE IN THAT SYSTEM TAILORED FOR PURE ATHLETICISM.

2009 NFL Draft: OMFG. I WANT PAT WHITE HE IS SUCH A GREAT PASSER AND RUNNER; JUST LOOK AT HIM IN COLLEGE IN THAT SYSTEM TAILORED FOR PURE ATHLETICISM.

2011 NFL Draft: OMFG. I WANT CAM NEWTON HE IS SUCH A GREAT PASSER AND RUNNER; JUST LOOK AT HIM IN COLLEGE IN THAT SYSTEM TAILORED FOR PURE ATHLETICISM.

*I'm black.

*See the trend here?

See I worry about McDermontt. His defense has been severely lacking w/ Samuel, and we don't have a Samuel, if you know what I mean...

to me Rivera should be the top Defensive candidate. That Chargers Defense is stout. Idk what the hell happened to Leslie Fraizer's D.

of course #1 is Harbaugh, but my hopes have faded :(

i myself am starting to ease off mcdermott because that eagles defense is continually sliding down the rankings every single week

Archived