• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith on Punt Returns

chknwing

Hah, what was up with that dance he kept doing? I was loving it. He had 2 good returns although one was called back on a penalty. Some of the plays he took too long looking for a lane, but I don't mind this much, he's looking for a homerun and really getting nothing from a punt return is perfectly fine if you're putting a guy back there who can get you that TD occasionally.

No point in having a guy catch it, run straight 5-15 yards and get laid out. I

he looked like an older stud return man that thinks he still has the same amount of gas in the tank. He made some good returns....but there were a handful at the end instead of just getting some yards he was going to try to really create something....and he just doesn't have that stuff anymore.

he looked like an older stud return man that thinks he still has the same amount of gas in the tank. He made some good returns....but there were a handful at the end instead of just getting some yards he was going to try to really create something....and he just doesn't have that stuff anymore.

I know I'm going to look like a homer for saying this but I didn't see this at all. He was covered and just trying to make a play on those negative returns. You would have had the same result if it was Mike Goodson or a 25 yr old Smith out there. He looked fast as poo on his good returns.

Man seeing him back there again brought tears to my eyes. It was a beautiful thing. and Ultimately, I gained more respect for John Fox. What that showed me is Fox wanted to Win and was going to do what it took to win.

dude i teared up 2 it was fun to see him back there like in the goode ol dayz:p

Archived