• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what's the latest on Otah?

beckersteen

Otah alone will not make the run game better. Please stop acting like it will. Not only that, it will take a game or two for him to get his game legs back. I have a bad feeling he's always going to be injured. He's looking like a waste of a pick to me. Hopefully he can come back to full strength in 2011 and shine. If not, we can get someone else. Schwartz sure as hell can't be that guy. Gary Williams probably can't. This could be a draft where we load up on the O-Line.

He needs to come back. What puzzles me is how our staff couldn't determine the severity of his injury and PUP him. We coulda used the roster spot for depth and if we can only have one PUP (not sure of the rules) then we should have PUP'd Otah and IR'd TD, cuz Otah's insertion back into the line-up is more valuable than TD's...

Gantt sais 2-3 weeks to get back to practice on Oct 13. So sometime soon he should back to practice?
that actually go moved back a bit.

i can't remember where i saw that, but it was last week sometime and they were saying that it was looking like a couple weeks out and then he was going to have to get back in game shape.

Otah alone will not make the run game better. Please stop acting like it will. Not only that, it will take a game or two for him to get his game legs back. I have a bad feeling he's always going to be injured. He's looking like a waste of a pick to me. Hopefully he can come back to full strength in 2011 and shine. If not, we can get someone else. Schwartz sure as hell can't be that guy. Gary Williams probably can't. This could be a draft where we load up on the O-Line.
i agree that it isn't otah that will help get the run game back on track.

re: schwartz.....he actually did well filling in for otah last year. otah went down about the same week that williams did. stewarts best games last year were with schwartz playing RT. it wasn't because of schwartz but he certainly didn't hurt stewart.

So he's probably not gonna play till late Nov. early Dec. Injury prone star right tackle. We need a stud RT or RG in the draft
yeah, probably late november at the earliest.

i'm all for getting another OT in the draft. i'm not a fan of getting an OG in the draft, though. i'd rather look to FA to get one. there should be a few competent ones available.

Archived