• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hate to Bring it up...

Paintballr

Everyone needs to admit they are hating on Edwards because he is from App State, and not a "major" university like South Carolina or UNC etc. etc.... What exactly has AE done so far that has drastically fugged us this season?

And don't whine about a wasted draft pick because nobody knows that yet.

eff u guys... It seems that noone wants to have a panther that people can associate with or like (as long as hes not a tarheel).

so eff off, I havent spewed poo after we drafted him but its pathetic, YES we over payed for him, Yes hes a project, YES John Fox and Davidson can't put together an offense. It seems you guys want him to fail. Very pathetic

People hate on UNC players here all the time. All I had to do was predict that Hilee Taylor would make the team, and I was accused of saying that he was a superstar because I'm a Tar Heel homer.

Personally, I don't care where any of these players went to school. Once they sign on that dotted line and become Panthers, what they did in college immediately becomes irrelevant anyway.

Well, they would have to be complete morons if they didn't understand that it would take some time for a div.1a college QB to learn to play WR in the NFL. It's hard enough for big time college WR's to learn to play WR in the NFL, much less a guy who hasn't done it since HS.

and we see it everyday..

it's one thing to bitch about the pick, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a good possibility that we might not see Edwards contribute for another 3 years..

People hate on UNC players here all the time. All I had to do was predict that Hilee Taylor would make the team, and I was accused of saying that he was a superstar because I'm a Tar Heel homer.

Personally, I don't care where any of these players went to school. Once they sign on that dotted line and become Panthers, what they did in college immediately becomes irrelevant anyway.

I agree. I will willingly label myself an App homer, hence AE homer. So be it...everyone here is a homer of some college/university IMO.

Our FO hasn't drafted or developed a WR worth diddly-poo prior to this year, and the jury is still out on the new guys.

I think drafting a college QB to play WR is a by-product of that ineptitude, personally. However, none of that is Edwards' fault, and yet he takes the brunt of the heat on that.

No one should feel bad for hoping one of our draft picks pans out, and supporting the guy during his development, but that's what goes on here.

pretty sure the lack of AE threads is directly related to two things:

1) moore played well (so hard to say AE WILL BE THE BEST QB11!!)

2) gettis & lafell played well (so hard to argue he plays better than they did).

that's my opinion anyway. sure, clowny & thomas did a bit, but there were AE threads after the clowney signing, and I think there was one going even after Thomas' signing.

bigger deal was the passing game on Sunday imo.

Archived