• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moss waived. Go get him Hurney

The Saltman

Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune reports that the Dolphins and Seahawks have expressed interest. The Dolphins would want Moss simply to avoid letting the Patriots get him.

This is why I don't see any chance of him going back to the Pats. Jets could just as easily do it for the same reason, or because they actually want him. I'm sure Rex Ryan would absolutely love to stick it to Belichick with one of his own former players.

Even if Moss refuses to play for them, they'd retain his rights and essentially be able to say "you play for us or you don't play". A few years back, Marty Schottenheimer did the same thing in San Diego when he used a waiver claim to keep Deion Sanders from going to the Raiders after the Redskins released him.

If it was before the trade deadline I'd say grab him and trade him. Worst case scenario JR pays maybe one game check and gets an extra 5th or so. But since we'd be stuck with him and he's lost his mind (and arguably lots of his talent), no f'ing way!

I don't think he lost his talent I just think he doesn't give a fugg. That game Sunday was pathetic he easily could have caught that one TD pass but he just didn't care. I don't think he's worth the price tag or the headache right now...Matt Moore is already unstable, Clausen is a rookie either of them having to deal with both Smith and Moss is scary.

I don't think he lost his talent I just think he doesn't give a fugg. That game Sunday was pathetic he easily could have caught that one TD pass but he just didn't care. I don't think he's worth the price tag or the headache right now...Matt Moore is already unstable, Clausen is a rookie either of them having to deal with both Smith and Moss is scary.

I don't see why Moss is held to a higher standard than every other WR in the NFL. Smith and Lafell quit on plays Sunday, also Smith dropped two passes and fumbled.

Teams that can't handle Moss are simply teams that are poorly ran like the Vikings with a coach that no one respects. The Patriots were doing fine with and without Moss. They don't put the outcome of a game on one player. They also don't beg players to play for them (pathetic with favre).

Fox is not a coach who would let Moss be that big of an issue. When Key was here he was low key. Fox may not know anything about strategies in football but he's a no nonsense coach who is respected.

I welcome Moss here.

No to Moss! He's as much of a cancer as TO is. He just might be a bigger punk. He epitomizes the old saying "a two cent mind on a million dollar body". He's been unloaded by TWO teams already THIS YEAR! The Pats haven't lost since he was cut loose by them, and the Vikes didn't win anything of note with him. What could he possibly bring here, more negativity? We need COACHING, not an over rated malcontent whose best days are long past!

I'm also over the soap opera that are the Vikings courtesy of Brett Favre. I'm surprised there are no threads devoted to trying to get him here. I used to like and admire Brett, but no more. Not since the annual "I might be retired, but then again.." song and dance that has gone on since the Clinton administration (or so it seems). I am absolutely convinced his only goal is to get to 300 straight starts, period. Winning or losing isn't even part of the equation. If he had manned up at Green Bay, he could be backing up Rogers and could probably have hung around until he is at least 50! Cal Ripken no doubt would have had better over all numbers of he had taken a day off once in a while and allowed himself to heal. Favre won't do that, and not only is he taking his own legacy downwards, but he's taking his latest team down as well. But, enough about that.

Again, no to Moss. Let's play the guys we have, and live with that. For next year, a new coach, a new outlook (if they play).

Archived