• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck vs. Jimmy Clausen

unicar15

Weren't we high on Locker just before that!?

The real question is what we do if Luck doesn't come out!

Luck and Locker remind me of Ryan and Flacco when they came out. You can't go wrong with either one. You could make an argument that Flacco was worthy of a top 5 pick in that draft as well. Either one will make a fine QB for the new coach...

I'd normally agree, but we're also going to be going through regime change here. New coach may not think Clausen is the guy. And unlike Yasinskas, I don't agree that being able to develop Clausen is necessarily a condition for getting the head coaching job.

And yeah, Clausen was our top pick, but still a second rounder with a second round contract. I could see him being traded to a WCO team for whatever they could get.

Realistically though, that scenario's still a little far out, but I'd say the chances of it happening go way up if Jim Harbaugh gets the job. If it's one of the other guys (Grimm, Zimmer, Frazier, etc) then I wouldn't bet on it as much.

I could see Grimm looking at Mallett and saying "there's my Ben Roethlisberger." They are essentially the same QB. Either way I don't see any way that Clausen is the QB with a new coach. Its like someone else said...Let him play out the rest of the season and trade him for a 3rd rounder to whoever Fox goes to coach.

two months ago everyone was all about Mallett. A pinch of hyperbole right here.

Um no Luck has been pretty much the top since he was redshirting.

Mallet is a dumb hick from Texarkana in the same system which produced Stefan Lefors and Brian Brohm.

He may be a star. And a star for us. But Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Kelly Stouffer, and David Klingler were can't-miss prospects at QB too.

And as mentioned, its all about taking that huge risk. You either get a complete stud, or someone for the rest of the NFL to laugh at us about.

But really, this can be found at any position if you have the #1 pick

He may be a star. And a star for us. But Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Kelly Stouffer, and David Klingler were can't-miss prospects at QB too.

...this is very true, no guarantees. I'm thinking if you'r going to take a flier, what the hell, pick up Luck if you have the chance.... the upside seems to be huge.... WWCD... what would coach do... :D

Archived