• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt: Panthers could be looking for Fox's heir apparent

jbland

The problem lies with Fox and its time the Richardsons realize that. This would have been the best offseason to let Fox go and pick up someone like Spags to run the show.

Call me crazy, but I think it's still possible Fox is let go this offseason.

It's obvious, whether the assistants left of their own volition or were merely "let go," that this team wants to move in a new direction. They may bring in a head coach before filling the other defensive coach vacancies, allowing the new guy to pick his team.

I know it's not entirely probable, but it could happen.

Fox's plan ~ which is running the ball, and playing good defense ~ is proven to win.

So please explain to me how Fox is the problem when the defense failed to hold up throughout the second half of the season, and the playoffs? If they had held up and executed the way they are suppose to, everybody would be praising Fox.

Fox is Richardson's guy. If we can put so many of the teams problems on Fox's shoulders because he meddles and controls so many aspects of what happens, then we have to give him even more credit for the team going 12-4. It has to work both ways.

Call me crazy, but I think it's still possible Fox is let go this offseason.

It's obvious, whether the assistants left of their own volition or were merely "let go," that this team wants to move in a new direction. They may bring in a head coach before filling the other defensive coach vacancies, allowing the new guy to pick his team.

I know it's not entirely probable, but it could happen.

You're crazy. The team wanted to stay the course, the assistants wanted to move in a new direction.

gawd, how bad can the ignorance get around here.
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? Hey, let's go make another thread about the 3-4 and Cowher! :D

Fox's plan ~ which is running the ball, and playing good defense ~ is proven to win.

So please explain to me how Fox is the problem when the defense failed to hold up throughout the second half of the season, and the playoffs? If they had held up and executed the way they are suppose to, everybody would be praising Fox.

Of course the plan is proven to win. As you suggest, it all comes down to execution.

In one of the articles circulating around here, it was mentioned that Fox sticks his hand in the defense around midseason each year. While I don't know if this is the case, you can't tell me there wasn't a sharp contrast between our defense in the first half of the season and that of the second half.

Every coach in the league knows that running the ball successfully and playing good defense wins games, and often championships. If football was philosophy, perhaps I would think higher of John Fox.

As I said, I don't know if Fox or Trgovac were more responsible for the defense's second-half collapse. But we'll find out soon.

Archived