• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else just ready for a new start?

unicar15

I'm sick of our lack of consistency and I'm afraid that Fox and this team are going to have another down year next year like they always do after their successful years. I have been thinking about whether or not it is worth it to let him stick around yet again to squeak by and get another contract. The thing to me is that if this year did not warrant a long-term extension then what does? Is JR going to say "Super bowl or bust..." with the Fox/Hurney regime? Or is he going to extend them next year if we end up 12-4 or 13-3 with another early exit from the playoffs? What are the expectations for this team next year? We could be losing our biggest defensive weapon, so will that be Fox's excuse? It just makes sense to me that after an 8-8 season, a 7-9 season, and a season where we drastically underachieved in the playoffs to go out and get someone new to motivate this team. It has become an issue of just going through the motions with them and that is the head coach's fault.

I'm not going to be disappointed if Fox comes back, but I will be disappointed if they come out flat like they always do after a good season.

I don't expect a down year for the Panthers, but an early exit from the playoffs is always a possibility with Jake at QB. We have a good offense when Jake is playing well, so this offseason will be about rebuilding our defense. That all starts with our front 4. If Peppers leaves, then I expect a good DE and DT to be brought in via FA or the draft. Overall I'm not worried about next season, but I'm not thinking SB either.

But Fox said After the Giants loss, that we made the playoffs and that was our goal. And that attitude showed against the Cardinals.

Of course your goal is always to lift the Lombardi trophy, but almost any NFL coach during the regular season says that the goal is to make the playoffs. The goal then becomes to focus on and win each game as they come. You don't let your players start getting ahead of themselves (Like we did against AZ), and looking to next week.

I don't expect a down year for the Panthers, but an early exit from the playoffs is always a possibility with Jake at QB. We have a good offense when Jake is playing well, so this offseason will be about rebuilding our defense. That all starts with our front 4. If Peppers leaves, then I expect a good DE and DT to be brought in via FA or the draft. Overall I'm not worried about next season, but I'm not thinking SB either.

exiting the playoffs early was usually what jake would never do, he's still been successful the majority of the time, I still have faith that he can get it done

Before you start saying 12-4, Marty Schottenheimer got fired for going 14-2. So Fox getting fired isn't out of the realm of possibility.

But do you think that the Richardsons are watching what is happening to the defensive coaching staff with some concern?

Before you start saying 12-4, Marty Schottenheimer got fired for going 14-2. So Fox getting fired isn't out of the realm of possibility.

But do you think that the Richardsons are watching what is happening to the defensive coaching staff with some concern?

Marty couldn't win in the playoffs. Fox might be the problem though considering everyone on defense is trying to get out.

It would be stupid to fire Fox now. And Marty couldn't get along with the owner. I highly doubt that's the case with Fox and the Richardsons. I have no idea what the Richardsons think about the D coaching turnover, because so little is known about exactly why they're all being allowed to leave (or walking away from contract offers). Maybe they wanted them to leave.

Archived