• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is with all the Andrew Luck talk?

Brokenbad

Its not just people on this forum that are all over Andrew Lucks n*ts, its all the NFL. Andrew Luck is the top prospect on everyone's draft boards and he is only a redshirt Soph. He just a special prospect that I never thought we had a chance at, now that we do, we better take advantage of it.

kind of like how they were with Reggie Bush?

why is it that every time some player gets all the hype people start bringing up hyped up players that failed? only thing that shouts to me is "i'm afraid of taking a risk". that isn't going to win you any rings.

failure sucks, but it's better than not trying to get better. you want to be the best, you have to take a gamble on big players. more often than not they deserve the hype.

failure sucks, but it's better than not trying to get better. you want to be the best, you have to take a gamble on big players. more often than not they deserve the hype.

Excellent point there rayzor! Remember when Peyton came out of Tenn.? What was the knock on him? He couldn't win the big one! Yep.. there were some (a lot actually) that thought some guy named Leaf was better.

It is a gamble but with a little Luck, we could have a franchise QB. Damn I did it again...

I don't watch alot of college football.

What does he bring to the table that is so great?

I see everyone on this forum constantly telling tales of his greatness.

Why would anyone want him over Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett?

I am not saying any of the three are better, I just would like to know why everyone prefers Andrew Luck.

Maybe you should actually WATCH college football.....

Luck's moxy and leadership is off the charts. Guys is incredibly intelligent and makes great decisions. He has every physical attribute (size, speed, arm strenght,etc.) that you want....along with all of the intangible ones that you need (leadership, intelligence, etc..).

Kid SHOULD be special at the next level.

Seems like he runs a lot. He'd be on IR playing like that in the NFL. Michael Vick knows that story.
he doesn't run all that much. he just does really well when he does. he only has 49 rushing attempts on the season. getting 9.1 yards per carry, though.

I just find it hard to see us drafting Luck with Clausen getting in under a new and hopefully better offensive minded coaching staff.

I could see us drafting Green though.

If we have the #1 pick we have to take Luck, period! He's that much better of a prospect then Green or Peterson.....

If we have the #1 pick we have to take Luck' date=' period! He's that much better of a prospect then Green or Peterson.....[/quote']

We really have no idea I guess. Depends on the next coaching staff. If the coach comes in and likes Clausen then we prob are looking at other positions but if he thinks Clausen is a bust then Luck will probably be the pick.

if we hire harbaugh then there's no way we don't draft luck.

Well then we are just going to have to hire him.

Luck is easily IMO the best QB prospect this decade (I wouldn't argue with Eli Manning or Rivers but Luck to me is still a better prospect). Why on gods green earth would someone not want him is what I have a hard time understanding. Most probably are like the OP don't even watch college football and then think because #1 overall QB's have had a rough time of it recently that he will also. He might, but I know it won't be because he went #1.

Archived