• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One or Two Years Away

NJPanthers12

in no way am i a stewart "nut rider". We need the money to re-sign Kalil, Davis, Beason, Johnson, Rosario, and Williams. Plus we have a HUGE hole at both DT spots and no second round pick so we would definitly have to sign a DT. We are also thin at CB and O-line so we need cap to bring in depth. If we can trade Williams while we have to capable backs in Goodson and Stewart I dont understand why not do it while we can keep a core of young players.
we have TONS of cap space to take care of all of that. if there is a rookie cap we'll have even more.

also, hurney will be here and while there are a lot of complaints about him, one thing he can do is set up some creative contracts. we also have a team that has a history of being at or near the salary cap.

good input. i repeat ron rivera will not be our coach next year.

I know what you are thinking, no I don't know, but why would they trade him? They didn't trade Peppers, so what makes D.Will any different. the last players we traded had problems w/ the organization, and D.Will doesn't fit that bill. its not how we operate. and Marty Hurney isn't going anywhere. not to mention the franchise tag will be of much better use to other guys on the team.

I know what you are thinking, no I don't know, but why would they trade him? They didn't trade Peppers, so what makes D.Will any different. the last players we traded had problems w/ the organization, and D.Will doesn't fit that bill. its not how we operate. and Marty Hurney isn't going anywhere. not to mention the franchise tag will be of much better use to other guys on the team.

so you believe we are just going to let d-will walk? why would we do that? it would make sense to trade with as many holes as we have.

in no way am i a stewart "nut rider". We need the money to re-sign Kalil, Davis, Beason, Johnson, Rosario, and Williams. Plus we have a HUGE hole at both DT spots and no second round pick so we would definitly have to sign a DT. We are also thin at CB and O-line so we need cap to bring in depth. If we can trade Williams while we have to capable backs in Goodson and Stewart I dont understand why not do it while we can keep a core of young players.

Davis should consider himself very lucky if he gets another contract with the Panthers given the fact he's played little in 2 years.

Rosario might want to test the FA market. He could be the starting TE in many other places and actually get to catch some passes when he lands on a team that uses a TE. And he could always count on having career days against his former team when the Panthers show up on the schedule.

Stewart and Goodson both have faults, but both bring something unique to the table. to me, the best overall RB is DeAngelo Williams. Stewart is the power runner that can come in and relieve. and Goodson is the X-factor that can receive out of the backfield. Hes a playmaker. The Panthers would be FOOLISH to let D.Will walk OR be traded. This is a dangerous offense with all 3 of these guys healthy. (and an oline...)

Archived