• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

Right now it doesn't look good, but it takes 3 years to fully evaluate a draft choice - so there's no point in debating this at the moment.

My question is this. How can you say AE is going to be better then Gettis and LaFell when he cant even make it to the roster on game day. Both of these guys have gotten better and better and only will get stronger. Even if AE dose make the conversion he will be far behind two good WRs and Steve Smith.

Unless we spread the field like AZ or Indy next year, he will not be active then ether. Right now we have too many good WRs and TEs to start a guy that only plays WR. Its a Jarrett 2.0 situation once again that cost us big.

Southcak where did you play your college ball ?

WCU back in the early 90's.

And for all the WCU haters, here are the Super Bowl rings of WCU players in the NFL:

David Patten (3) with the Patriots as a starting WR

Tony Jones (2) with the Broncos as a starting left tackle

Willie Williams starter in the Steelers secondary in 1995 that lost to the Cowboys in SB XXX

Brad Hoover, you know the story.

That's all I got because WCU hasn't won a football game since '97.

One side note to give props to the Southern Conference:

In my 4 years at Western, I was on the same field with and lost to teams that featured Terrell Owens when he was at UT Chatt, Randy Moss and Chad Pennington when they were at Marshall, and Dexter Coakley and Matt Stevens when they were at App St. The difference in these guys and Armanti? They all had big bodies (minus Coakley) that went along with the speed and athleticism. Coakley was thick but shortish and one mean bastard on the field. Armanti is short, thin, and seems to be very timid.

It took David several years to get it in the NFL and land in a good situation in New England, so maybe Armanti turns into something 5 years down the road. I will eat crow if he does.

Archived