• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we should NOT draft Andrew Luck

Ohio

Jimmy actually had question marks coming out of college, primarily with his leadership ability (which imo were proven not to be legitimate), but also a bit with his arm strength and some other stuff too. He was considered the most "NFL ready" but not necessarily the best QB in that draft.

I don't think taking Luck is an admission he was a bust or anything like that, but taking the best player available. Supposedly Luck is that good according to scouts. Dispute it if you want, say he plays against crappy defenses, but you may want to watch him play some before you do judge him based on that. It's not like the Pac10 is a terrible division, either, and it has put out some of the all time greats.

It's one thing to say we have needs other than quarterback, but it's another thing to say we could get the same value for one of those other positions at that spot. I would also argue that our lines are our biggest need other than quarterback. We just took 3 WRs last draft, and two have done quite well and the third has gotten no playing time. IMO, AJ Green is a possibility but not at #1. So we'd have to trade down, etc.

Ok people Im meaning College STARTS, so whoever said Colt McCoy is dumb because he is the career leader in wins for a college QB with over 40.

And yes Sanchez is playing well and has 2 playoff wins. But I'll use 2 of the replies against that same argument. If Jimmy doesn't get credit for leading us down the field, then Sanchez should get 0 credit for winning those playoff games because he did nothing in them. Shonn Greene and that defense won those games.

And what good defense has Andrew Luck played against and done well that gives everyone the impression that he's got potential. As far as coaching, mechanics, and footwork yes, but Luck hasn't played a good defense so you have to question that.

I'd take Ryan Mallett over Luck, he's torched NFL talent every week in the SEC.

Glad to see at least some intelligent responses. Last year Jimmy was supposed to be everything Luck is now. And Jimmys on a bad team so everyone wants to give up on him after 1 year. I just think it takes more then 1 year to prove yourself.

You have just cemented yourself in the being legally retarded category mallet will be a bust, i think its safe to say you do not actually watch the games you just run your mouth based on your opinions.

Ok people Im meaning College STARTS, so whoever said Colt McCoy is dumb because he is the career leader in wins for a college QB with over 40.

And yes Sanchez is playing well and has 2 playoff wins. But I'll use 2 of the replies against that same argument. If Jimmy doesn't get credit for leading us down the field, then Sanchez should get 0 credit for winning those playoff games because he did nothing in them. Shonn Greene and that defense won those games.

And what good defense has Andrew Luck played against and done well that gives everyone the impression that he's got potential. As far as coaching, mechanics, and footwork yes, but Luck hasn't played a good defense so you have to question that.

I'd take Ryan Mallett over Luck, he's torched NFL talent every week in the SEC.

Glad to see at least some intelligent responses. Last year Jimmy was supposed to be everything Luck is now. And Jimmys on a bad team so everyone wants to give up on him after 1 year. I just think it takes more then 1 year to prove yourself.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

No your just showing your ignorance, the majority of people with high level iq are mathematical genius, and struggle with english as it isn't as logical as arithmetic.

Seriously are you bragging because he has not fumbled in two games?

No, they aren't. They are exceptional in logic, short-term memory, verbal and pattern recognition and mathematics. If you're going to tell me I'm showing my ignorance, use the correct form of "you're." As in, "you're just showing your ignorance."

And no, I'm not bragging, I'm stating fact. He has not fumbled in his past two starts. He's fumbled exactly once since the CHI game.

Ok folks, I have no idea how ESPN brainwashed 95% of you into believing that Andrew Luck is going to be the savior, but here is an intelligent argument against that belief.

1. We all ready drafted our so called "franchise QB". And all of those same experts who say "Luck is a franchise QB" are the same guys who told us Jimmy would be that guy. We shouldn't give up on Jimmy after 1 freaking year people.

2. QB's with under 25 starts do not do well in the NFL.

- Akili Smith

- JP Losman

- Jamarcus Russell

- Joey Harrington- 28 starts

Luck hasn't even completed his 2nd year, and you guys want to give him a huge contract and think he can lead our offense, with our atrocious offensive line?

3. Pac 10 QB's are not good in the NFL

With the exception of Aaron Rogers, everyone else is bad. Carson Palmer is awful now, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf have have ruined franchises. 0 playoff wins COMBINED with all of these guys, think about that.

4. We need more help then QB. We need playmakers on the outside. If we add a talent like AJ Green to go along with David Gettis and Steve Smith, that gives us 3 very good targets for Jimmy, who has been getting better and showing progress this season. Adding AJ Green at WR or Nick Fairly at DT or Patrick Peterson at CB/KR/PR could make immediate impacts right away. Those positions are faster to develop and usually we need MAJOR help there.

The only way I can see us taking Luck is if we bring in a new coach, and he's dumb enough to make that mistake, because a new coach likes to have "his guy". And look how thats working out for Josh McDaniels, and the Chicago Bears.

Thoughts?

Theres no way we will pass on Luck, hes going to be a monster and I'll be so pissed if he stays in school. Corner? receiver? All can be found later A blue chip qb with a cannon and a quick release is priceless. Oh yea and he's 6'4 230 and can run a 4.5. :party:

Smash&DashGash needs to be gone. The only thing he's done that I've seen is insult other people's intelligence. This thread and another Cam Newton thread he just calls people retarded.

Ohio posted an opinion which I tried to discuss, but then the thread gets derailed by a self-proclaimed "mathematical genius".

user posts a structured though-out opinion on a topic

user gets flamed and insulted with little real discussion

mods do nothing

good to see the huddle is working as normal, carry on

Yes because the argument that "No pac 10" qbs are good in the nfl is such a thought out and based on fact.

Yes because the argument that "No pac 10" qbs are good in the nfl is such a thought out and based on fact.

Then disprove it. Don't just call him retarded. Someone as intelligent as yourself should be capable of logical discussion without having to attack the other person's intelligence. Insulting doesn't become the intellectual.

I think whoever we get with the #1 pick has to be able to step in right away. Only 4 positions where you'd want to spend a #1 overall pick. OT, DE, QB, HB. and looking at who could declare for the draft.. Luck has to be it. He's from an offense that emphasizes smart QB play, reading and dissecting. He's got the prototypical size, arm strength. I don't think there's anyone else out there we could take unless we trade down.

Archived