• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody catch Marty H. on 1110 after the game?

SCP

I was driving to Atlanta (ironically) after the game and the signal for 1110 faded out just as a caller asked Hurney for his thoughts on drafting Luck. Anybody hear his answer? I'm curious what he said about Clausen, Luck, etc.

I'd imagine it went something like this:

"Well, I really don't wanna get into all that stuff right now. Jimmy was a guy we really liked coming out, as you probably don't know, I even tried to make a move up and get him, and it's been nice to see him develop and grow. So, uh, yeah. Um. Yeah. I mean you know-......um yeah."

He said it is too early to think about drafting players and that they are focusing on developing their young players.

I wonder about that.

What is their idea of "developing".

Throwing -2 yard screen passes? Check down after check down?

How can the WR's develop? They don't get thrown to anything past 5 yards.

Our defense sure is getting some good real game reps though.

And I for one think his "our philosophy is to develop and retain our core players" talk this year and last is a clear indication that we have no plans to be players in free agency for the foreseeable future. FWIW, that is complete and utter bullshit.

I thought JR was saying how he was going to do everything in his power to make the team right again?

I certainly hope that includes more than just stopping the campaign of atrocious draft trades. Although if they stop trading away our damn first rounders, that would be a start.

Archived