• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something strange I thought of about our trade for Armanti

Brokenbad

1st Round

1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)

2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)

2nd Round

3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss)

3rd Round

4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)

5th Round

6th Round (NO – David Thomas)

Before all is said and done, it wouldn't surprise me if they got another 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th...

wow FML

1st Round

1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)

2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)

2nd Round

3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss)

3rd Round

4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)

5th Round

6th Round (NO – David Thomas)

Before all is said and done, it wouldn't surprise me if they got another 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th...

Maybe they'll take our #1 overall and give us their 1st round pick from Oak and their 2nd round pick (from Carolina)

BB is our daddy haha

Remember when everyone was saying how stupid NE was for dumping Randy Moss for a 3rd?

Remember when everyone was saying how stupid NE was for dumping Richard Seymore for a 1st? (well...not really because Oakland is stupid like that...but if you could've gotten a 1st for DeAngelo in his prime...would you?)

In this NFL...we, The Panthers, keep good players too long and have the complete inability to learn how to sell high.

Maybe they'll take our #1 overall and give us their 1st round pick from Oak and their 2nd round pick (from Carolina)

BB is our daddy haha

They don't need Luck or Newton but they could then trade it for more picks for themselves. That deal would be to good to on our end for it to ever occur I think.

They don't need Luck or Newton but they could then trade it for more picks for themselves. That deal would be to good to on our end for it to ever occur I think.

I bet you they can get someone to give up a 1st this year and a 1st next year for that pick.

Philly did it few years ago to "someone" :lol:

Remember when everyone was saying how stupid NE was for dumping Randy Moss for a 3rd?

Remember when everyone was saying how stupid NE was for dumping Richard Seymore for a 1st? (well...not really because Oakland is stupid like that...but if you could've gotten a 1st for DeAngelo in his prime...would you?)

In this NFL...we, The Panthers, keep good players too long and have the complete inability to learn how to sell high.

Very true. What's so surprising to me is that the Pats use this very defined philosophy of how they go about building a contender year in and year out and are successful with it yet we don't think to model this same type of approach? In fact, many of the things we do are the complete opposite and not surprising to me at least, turn out hurting us.

And most of the fans here have that same type of attitude whenever you bring up making those type of moves. It's like hey, the Pats trade away aging players before their value drops up and stockpile picks and come out winners every year because of it. Maybe since we're stacked at the RB position and DWill is at the end of his contract we should look to do the same? OMG UR SO DUMB LOLZ HE OUR BEST PLAYER U CANT TRADES HIM U IDIOT!!!111

Very true. What's so surprising to me is that the Pats use this very defined philosophy of how they go about building a contender year in and year out and are successful with it yet we don't think to model this same type of approach? In fact, many of the things we do are the complete opposite and not surprising to me at least, turn out hurting us.

For them to do that, there has to be a sucker on the other end of the line. Raiders, Panthers and Vikings answered the call

The best picks of the 2010 draft will prove to be Greg Hardy, David Gettis, and Robert McClain. Lafell could sneak into the top three. It is starting to look as though Clausen and Edwards are busts. Don't forget, Hurney supporters, that Everette Brown was our first rounder!

can you be a bust without being given a chance to prove it? more like the coaches failed him.

For them to do that, there has to be a sucker on the other end of the line. Raiders, Panthers and Vikings answered the call

We had multiple teams calling to ask about trading for DWill, and a team like Green Bay was desperate as hell and trying to put together a postseason run. I'm pretty sure if you're decent at negotiating and building leverage you can net a pretty good deal in that situation. I don't see why people act like copying what they do is so impossible when they pull it off consistently year in and year out.

Archived