• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2011 Carolina Panthers Free Agency Thread

The Saltman

The OL prospects are in my opinion going to be the ones we will most likely want to stay away from. There are some good ones but they will be wanting a serious paycheck and I think it would behoove us to work on this through the draft in the next couple seasons. I wouldn't be upset about an addition here though and improvement on our line is critically important for both the short and long term.

Against popular opinion I have said a few times I think we should at least look into Tarvaris Jackson and what he might bring to the table. Also, Kyle Orton would be a great choice of player especially if we deem Luck (assuming of course we draft him at #1) not quite ready to start the first season. The problem therein of course is that Orton will probably command a decent salary and Luck will as well. Manning would be great but the chance of that happening is just...

Ngata or Mebane would be great additions and I strongly suipport going after one of them.

I also like Hali and Edwards at DE but we may have what we need there between Hardy and Brown with this season and offseason of development. Either of them (Edwards/Hali) would probably be a solid acquisition though and would fulfill a role that we do need.

Champ Bailey is getting up there in years and his salary requirements are probably to high for him to be seriously considered by us but he would likely be a solid pickup depending on the results of the Marshall situation and even the Gamble situation. I've always like Cromartie physically but he is getting up there in age but probably would be a decent replacement for Marshall if he goes. I'd like to add here that Captain is a good CB but doesn't need to be covering #1 receivers so this is definitely a position of need for us.

I'm not all that high on any of the Safety choices and hope we can either draft a good one or that we get some improvement in what we already have.

Almost all of those receiver options would be good additions but this isn't the position where we have tons of need anymore imo. I think between Gettis and LaFell we may have solidified a core that while not the greatest should do well enough overall to make us competitive after fixing the QB and OL. This would be a luxury pickup more than anything.

Marcedes Lewis would be a great TE pick up but we have to ditch King. I think Rosario deserves to be re-signed as he delivers in clutch moments when he is given the ball and a decent situation to receive it. I also think that Barnidge has to much potential being wasted currently and would like to see him get another chance in an offense not run by Jeff Davidson or under John Fox.

Although OG can be satisfied in the draft, I think it would be a good idea signing a proven commodity. Esp. from a team with great pass protection like the Saints or Patriots.

The WR options are really enticing and I would love to pick a quality receiver. But I think with more time to buy in the pocket with a revamped OL and maybe a great option at TE like a Marcedes Lewis would be enough for our stable of WRs to make an impact.

Maybe you should start a sticky like this in the draft forum for draft prospects too Saltman.

Although OG can be satisfied in the draft, I think it would be a good idea signing a proven commodity. Esp. from a team with great pass protection like the Saints or Patriots.

The WR options are really enticing and I would love to pick a quality receiver. But I think with more time to buy in the pocket with a revamped OL and maybe a great option at TE like a Marcedes Lewis would be enough for our stable of WRs to make an impact.

Maybe you should start a sticky like this in the draft forum for draft prospects too Saltman.

I know more about the nfl landscape and can search it a lot easier on the internet. Im horrible at grading draft prospects tho. SLJ or rocknrolla would be better qualified for that.

I know more about the nfl landscape and can search it a lot easier on the internet. Im horrible at grading draft prospects tho. SLJ or rocknrolla would be better qualified for that.

If one of the two would be willing to start this thread I would be quite happy.

Please do it guys!

Archived