• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Those who want Cam Newton First overall...

Ricky Spanish

that's a rookie move. you should ask cam newton how to drink, he likes to party and slack off and all that junk

jkjkjkjkjk how long until i'm racist?

lol at the secret message.

The whole liquor before beer you're in the clear and beer before liquor never sicker thing doesn't seem to apply to me.

I handle myself pretty well for someone who weighs 145 lbs. Of course I'll get drunk but it takes a ridiculous amount to make me sick.

As I said Atlanta rebuilt in a year and so can we. The old rebuilding takes years is crap. Stop while you are behind.

I realize you think you are all-knowing so you'll just have to wait and see. I dont know why people think we have so much talent on the roster we really dont

I realize you think you are all-knowing so you'll just have to wait and see. I dont know why people think we have so much talent on the roster we really dont

I don't claim to know everything. I just listen to the experts, evaluate without a bias and try to be objective. You should try it sometime instead of having an agenda which you try to twist the facts to support. Like how we would do this year. Everyone was telling us we would suck, most folks here were just not paying attention.

We do at the moment our problem is we don't have it at QB or on the O line.

As for Newton, Clausen hasn't proven a damn thing, there needs to be competition at that position be it Luck or Newton.

I don't claim to know everything. I just listen to the experts, evaluate without a bias and try to be objective. You should try it sometime instead of having an agenda which you try to twist the facts to support. Like how we would do this year. Everyone was telling us we would suck, most folks here were just not paying attention.

i will be the first to admit that i have an agenda with the whole drafting andrew luck thing. i've been on this kid for 2 years now.

however, hand to god honestly, i don't see the "it" thing in newton that i do in luck. yes newton is a great college QB, but so was vince young. it's great that he is athletic and awesome and all that good stuff, but raw athleticism doesn't always translate well to the QB position in the NFL. there's much more behind it. that's why i'm so skeptical of newton.

i will be the first to admit that i have an agenda with the whole drafting andrew luck thing. i've been on this kid for 2 years now.

however, hand to god honestly, i don't see the "it" thing in newton that i do in luck. yes newton is a great college QB, but so was vince young. it's great that he is athletic and awesome and all that good stuff, but raw athleticism doesn't always translate well to the QB position in the NFL. there's much more behind it. that's why i'm so skeptical of newton.

And honestly in the few games I have seen Luck play this year he hasn't looked that great. From a skill point of view Newton looks much superior.

But like in the post you quoted from me, I recognize that I am no expert here and there is wide acclaim for Luck and his skill. So I am ready to listen to the majority and proclaim him a great pick. And I look forward to the ongoing debate and discussion in the months ahead.

Seems to me that most of the discussion has been "for" one of the two and "against" the other, when really it can be "for" both of them. I really think both will be successful.

uh huh... and what exactly is my agenda?? For the Panthers to rebuild properly and become a feared football team like we were 5 years ago? Newton has had 3+ years to learn the college spread offense and Luck has minimal talent on his team compared to Auburn and he runs a pro offense and still has better numbers. Its not even a debate, the only reason people hype Newton b/c nobody knows where his ceiling is. I doubt he's even a first round pick, they are just trying to get people excited about the draft just like they tell us and the bills that we are one player away from being a good team

And honestly in the few games I have seen Luck play this year he hasn't looked that great. From a skill point of view Newton looks much superior. I recognize that I am no expert here and there is wide acclaim for Luck and his skill. So I am ready to listen to the majority and proclaim him a great pick. And I look forward to the ongoing debate and discussion in the months ahead.

honestly, i do NOT want Cam Newton in Carolina and rather keep Clausen if we can't get Andrew Luck. Here's some reasons why. 1) Clausen didnt look ready to start, i dont see Newton being ready to start either. He is coming from a spread offense where he ran ALOT and some of them were designed runs. Newton wont be able to do that in the NFL. He will have to turn into a pocket passer which could take a year. The Golden Calf of Bristol (as bad as his mechanics are) and Newton are similar because of the offense they played in. 2) While Newton (in my book) isnt ready to start, Luck is, especially if (Carolina smartly hires Jim Harbaugh). Luck has the size and the arm to win with and did it at a school with less. Stanford hasnt been that great until lately. the number one overall pick is a risk and in my book, the risk should be on Luck not Newton.

Does Stanford have equal the talent of Auburn? Meaning you could use the same argument that Luck has done what he's done at Stanford with less talent than Newton has with Auburn.

honestly, i think Luck had less talent at Stanford than Newton did. Newton had a top recruit running back in Dyer while Luck lost his best back to the NFL

Newton was AT FLORIDA for two years, you think he learned nothing of the spread while he was there?

i think he learned alot about the spread offense while at Florida. It wasnt his first cup of tea in the spread offense.

you compare Newton's JUNIOR season to Luck's FRESHMAN season. That's a perfectly equal comparison too. :rolleyes:.

if you compare Luck and Newton, you compare their years this year or when Luck is a junior which he's not (he's a redshirt sophomore). Anyways compare their years this year and i know some people dont know this, but Luck CAN move around too!!!

Show me the data that proves QBs coming out of the oh-so-powerful-god-like SEC do better than QBs coming out of other BCS conferences?

honestly, it doesnt matter where your QB goes to school, it depends on how well he translates to the NFL and when picking first, you pick the less risky pick or the best player in the draft and the less risky is Luck, Newton is a MAJOR risk.

Something I've been harping on for a while are the concerns about Newton's maturity given all that he has gone through at Florida and Auburn..

my worry isnt on maturity, it's Newton on the field. Will he do what i think he will (if he starts on day one) and run around (like Vick and Young did?) because i fear if he does, he will be easily caught. this isnt college, it's the pros and linebackers and safeties in the NFL are faster than college.

Archived