• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

True Grit is also the best movie ever..

SorthNarolina

It's a movie about ballet inasmuch as Casablanca is about war

Its about a psychotic ballerina who hallucinates a lot and her relationship with another ballerina. At least thats what I read. The premise doesn't sound even a little interesting.

Now if its about a Psychotic ballerina who hallucinates that she is hitting the beaches at Normandy, that might be interesting. :)

True Grit was great. Regarding Black Swan, well I can't imagine any possible scenario in which a movie about ballet would interest me. Well, perhaps the sex scenes would, but thats about it.

Hey bud, I totally agree about True Grit being a good movie. Although I understand why some didn't like it, I did. As far a Black Swan goes- I came for the lesbian scene and stayed for the movie. It was actually a pretty good movie. By the end I was like wow.

I didn't even know about the lesbian scene in Black Swan before I saw it. It was a great movie. It's complex but very obvious about it at the same time. I think the obviousness is why it wasn't given much Oscar praise.

Take the sex scene for instance. It's clever, borderline smartass that a major climax of the movie also involves a major climax for Portman.

That's when she embraces her sensuality which helps her perform the role of the black swan much, much better.

The movie is brilliant, it's like watching a vivid dream. Just seeing it for the sex scene or not seeing it because it has ballet is dumb.

Archived