• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Choosing Carolina over San Fran?

Udogg

Trying to look at this objectively. If I were coach Harbaugh and had my choice, wanting to be successful early, I would choose San Francisco. However that just me hedging my bets so to speak. So trying to answer objectively as possible, which would you choose?

My main reason is that a 7-9 team just won the division. I wouldn't have to go against Brees, Ryan and Freeman. Cubbords aren't bare and even though Luck would be gone (possibly), I could still get a pretty decent Cam Newton, or Mallet, etc. I might be able to salvage one of the Smiths. Also I am already in California, won't have to move the family.

Why would you choose Carolina over San Fran? Try to be as objective as possible.

One reason I can think of off the top of my head...from personal level, lower taxes and lower cost of living. My 10 mil/yr would go alot further in NC vs. CA.

I posted this in another thread.

Yeah and another thing, if the money is remotely similar, why in the hell would you go to SanFran with no QB worth a damn. When he could come here and have a kid that he PERSONALLY recruited.

I mean what better way to start your NFL coaching career than with a good organization, YOUR personal recruit and a player that you have called the best player in the country, and a team with talent at key positions, and finally and more recently, the ability to hire your own coaching staff.

One reason I can think of off the top of my head...from personal level, lower taxes and lower cost of living. My 10 mil/yr would go alot further in NC vs. CA.

This....

Plus, there are rumors that he will tick off a lot of Stanford folks when he leaves.

Ownership is a big one.

Richardson >>>>>>>> Yorks

Despite Fox's bleating about what a cheap franchise we are (and the subsequent media run with it), we're a respected franchise who has never been shy with the checkbook until this one year.

We've also been much more competitive (while in a stronger conference) than the 49ers of late, this being our only truly bad team in a long while.

This. I live in Cali and have a bit of family in NC, and my brother took a job in NC making the same as he did in Cali, but upgraded from a 3 bed 2 1/2 bath townhouse to a 5 bed 4 bath house in NC. Just makes good financial sense.

Who the hell wouldn't choose Carolina over San Fran?

Panthers have the #1 draft pick.

The new CBA will probably be in place before the next season starts. Panthers will probably be like 50m+ under the cap. A new HC will have a field day.

Carolina, has more young talent to work with than the 9ers do, yes, on defense and offense. Especially on offense if you consider what our rookie WRs did to the 49ers earlier in the season.

Archived