• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justify why Andrew Luck is/was worth the #1 pick

Eazy-E

After reading the entire thread about why Cam Newton is or isn't worth the #1 pick I was pretty frustrated. I didn't really see many legit reasons besides character issues, amount of time playing in college, and the type of offense he ran. The rest just turned to racism and flaming of one another.

So why was Luck worth the #1 to so many. It seemed as if most people blindly jumped on the luck bandwagon. I mean a ton of things said about why Newton is not worth the pick apply to Luck. Only difference is that everyone in the media had luck going as the number 1. I would love to hear what some people have to say on this matter.

...complete package?

good arm, tremendous accuracy, awesome decision making, great feet, good command of the pocket, amazing leadership, NO character issues?

thanks. you just made me feel even worse.

edit: forgot, played in a pro-style offense, incredibly smart, prepares hard for every game...

After reading the entire thread about why Cam Newton is or isn't worth the #1 pick I was pretty frustrated. I didn't really see many legit reasons besides character issues, amount of time playing in college, and the type of offense he ran. The rest just turned to racism and flaming of one another.

Why, well, one is he has a great arm with power and accuracy. Second, he's VERY smart (he plays for Stanford) and his dad was a former quarterback, so he learned from him. Third, people wont notice or seem to care about this one, BUT he can also run and he doenst run too soon. Hard to find many bad things on his game.

Luck and Newton both kind of had 1 hit wonder types of years. I guess Luck and possibly Newton if he does not declare for the NFL, Will get to prove it next season.

I was wondering when someone would post this. I did drink the Luck cool aid, but I did wonder about that. My bet is Luck's status will drop significantly with him playing again next year at Stanford.

Archived