• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who are the offensive linemen we should draft?

KillerKat

Benjamin Ijalana, G/OT, Villanova

Height: 6-4. Weight: 320.

Projected 40 Time: 5.30

John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin

Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.

Projected 40 Time: 5.13

As posted above, I think these are two guys that could certainly help when we pick. Either of their stock might rise after the combine though, possibly making them gone before we get a crack at them with first pick of the 3rd round.

Pouncey if we can trade up into the 2nd and get him. (Don't use future picks though, just a top 3rd and 4th should get it done)

The OT class this year kinda blows though. I'd love to bring in Matt Light as a 2 year stop gap and go after an OT next year. Light at LT, move Gross to RT where he's better, Otah at RG. Light + Otah getting healthy would fix your OLine right there.

Pouncey if we can trade up into the 2nd and get him. (Don't use future picks though, just a top 3rd and 4th should get it done)

The OT class this year kinda blows though. I'd love to bring in Matt Light as a 2 year stop gap and go after an OT next year. Light at LT, move Gross to RT where he's better, Otah at RG. Light + Otah getting healthy would fix your OLine right there.

The FA class seems better for tackles. If not drafting one, then Light is my top choice with Gaither second if we can't get him. I like your idea of Otah at RG and Gross at RT. My next choice after that would be a draft pick (seems like Ijalana and Moffitt are the top choices) to start at RG and keep Otah at RT then trade Gross after picking up Light or Gaither.

So what is it you love about Gross? The false starts? Getting no push at the line? Or failing at pass protection?

It must really eat at you that the majority of football fans who vote for the pro-bowl, all those players on the field who have a first-hand look at him, and all the coaches around the league just don't have your insight and talent evaluation skills. How many nights sleep did you lose from him being voted to the pro-bowl?

Got this from nflsoup:

Projection: 3rd

9) Nate Potter- Boise State*- 6’6 293

Potter is an intelligent and athletic left tackle. He has very quick feet and punches defenders off the ball well off of the snap. His exceptional footwork keeps him in front of his defender majority of the time, using his long arms to prevent them from making a freeing move. He lacks the strength to make a big impact in the run game, but could be a great fit for a zone blocking scheme at the next level.

Projection: 3rd

11) Andrew Datko- Florida State*- 6’6 303

The Florida State left tackle is a very good prospect at the next level but is a bit raw. He’s got excellent strength and has good athleticism. He could be groomed as a solid left tackle at the next level and is versatile enough to play both positions. He’s a very smart tackle with very good balance and can get very good push in the running game.

Other tackles are mentioned, mostly right: http://nflsoup.com/?p=6005

So what is it you love about Gross? The false starts? Getting no push at the line? Or failing at pass protection?

4 penalties this year in 1076 snaps

2.5 ypc to his left & 4.6 ypc to his right

6 sacks, 8 hits and 15 pressures given up

You couldn't be talking more crap. He started slow, but finished the season really well. Before you focus on the 2.5 to the left, remember that we do not often run there or send TEs & FBs that way.

With focus on the topic.

I would say we need a bit of experienced depth rather than anyone in the draft. Possibly a Vincent or Bridges type of player to help transition the younger players into proper habits. Then maybe pick a late rounder with good work habits.

We have a good core 3-4 guys, with 1-2 guys who are serviceable at worst. We just need experience and chemistry.

4 penalties this year in 1076 snaps

2.5 ypc to his left & 4.6 ypc to his right

6 sacks, 8 hits and 15 pressures given up

You couldn't be talking more crap. He started slow, but finished the season really well. Before you focus on the 2.5 to the left, remember that we do not often run there or send TEs & FBs that way.

With focus on the topic.

I would say we need a bit of experienced depth rather than anyone in the draft. Possibly a Vincent or Bridges type of player to help transition the younger players into proper habits. Then maybe pick a late rounder with good work habits.

We have a good core 3-4 guys, with 1-2 guys who are serviceable at worst. We just need experience and chemistry.

You keep destroying people with facts. Love it.

Archived