• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE prospects?

Edward Teach

I looked, but didn't see a thread that addressed this specifically...if there is one, sorry.

I remember hearing Coach Rivera talk specifically about the TE position and if Chudzinski is the OC we most definitely be looking to upgrade the position, I would think. I think Rosey would stick. Would we be looking at TEs in the draft?

Who should we be looking at as far as a pass-catching TE that we might be able to snag in the 3rd? Or later?

An undrafted free agent we could look at is Jordan Cameron from USC. He was a WR and under Kiffin converted into a TE this season. He's a big target, 6'5 240 pounds and has really good hands. He's also a great ST player. He's extremely raw and still learning the position but has the size, speed and hands to be a good to great TE at the next level. I wouldn't mind inviting him to training camp and seeing what he could do....

An undrafted free agent we could look at is Jordan Cameron from USC. He was a WR and under Kiffin converted into a TE this season. He's a big target' date=' 6'5 240 pounds and has really good hands. He's also a great ST player. He's extremely raw and still learning the position but has the size, speed and hands to be a good to great TE at the next level. I wouldn't mind inviting him to training camp and seeing what he could do....[/quote']

That's not a bad idea, Chud (if hired) could do what he did with Gates or something similar...

• 1 month later...

I'll say his name again Jordan Cameron. Kid is going to be a stud once he fully makes the transition to TE. A lot of people don't realize he only started playing TE this season for the Trojans, and before that he was buried on the WR depth chart. I will agree with RnR though KR is in a class of his own as far as TE prospects go this year. He's the most ready to contribute immediately.....

With us getting Shockey I would love to see them bring in Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas. It will take them longer to be ready than some of the others but both are former basketball players who are have limited experince that I think they could develop into good TE's

I like Luke Stocker in the 3rd or if we go offense with the first round and defense in the third, I'd be very happy with Julius Thomas with a 4th or 5th (assuming we use the other between 4th/5th for Alex Henery). Thomas looked GOOD at the combine. Haven't seen any video on him though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a strict formula based on the size of the contract they sign with their new team. We're getting a 3rd for Peppers. If Atlanta got a 3rd for whoever that garbage CB or S they let go a year or two ago, we're getting a 3rd for Peppers.

Btw I dont think we are getting a third for Peppers. I thought there was a age cut off limit for a third round compensation.

I never heard of that, but it's possible. Peppers was only 30 when he signed with the Bears, he was 29 when he played his last game as a Panther :)

And I disagree about Rob Housler...he's WAY to skinny to be anything more than a strict receiving TE. Maybe if he bulked up quite a bit he could be an all around TE.

Btw I dont think we are getting a third for Peppers. I thought there was a age cut off limit for a third round compensation.

Archived