• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special teams asst Chris Tabor "likely" candidate to join Ron Rivera's Staff

The Saltman

Exactly. There is no reason we can't go out and find a guy that can handle both duties.

Look at the Saints. They have kicker issues. They wouldn't have had to go on the road for the playoffs if they had a reliable kicker. Kasay is better than any kicker in the league not named Vinaterie (sp?) who kicks in a dome.

People don't realize what a valuable commodity we have in John Kasay. Not that I expect anybody to, as we've had him forever, but every time I see a team lose a game because their kicker went 2/4 and 0/2 over 40 yards, I quietly thank the Panthers for keeping JK around all these years. You simply don't throw away a kicker that can hit them from 50 yards still and is automatic inside 40. If it takes an extra roster spot, then so be it.

I would rather cut Jason Baker and sign a punter that can also kick off than cut Kasay and have to replace his FG accuracy.

Agreed.

I Rhys Loyd could ever become our field goal Kicker? He has the leg but never kicks field goals, which means he must suck at it but I figured if he practices and our coaches teach him then why couldn't it happen? Each year Kasays return is questionable and when he does leave I would like to see us prepared with a good replacement. Nothing is more stressful then to have a crappy kicker.

I wouldn't mind Tabor btw, The bears have had great special teams for a while. Sure they have Hester but if he wasn't there they still have a good special teams. I don't know if Wallace Wright and Marcus Hudson will be here next year but they were supposed to help out big on special teams, I would like to see what they can do next year.

devin hester makes that special teams look that great. a coach cant teach goodson or anybody else be on that hester level but i guess it wouldnt hurt to try

Daniel Manning also returns punts and kicks for them....and he looks great as well.

The coverage schemes and blocking schemes for the Bears are very, very good. This would be a great addition.

Archived