• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Rivera bring any players with him?

RSXNova

f**k Volek.. trade for Orton and we have starter for the next couple years and can let Clausen develop as he is supposed to...

why people would rather bring in Volek instead of trading for Orton is beyond me..

Clausen needs to sit the bench for at least 2 years..

What do you want to trade to Denver for Orton?

Volek, signed as a free agent only costs us $ and would be an excellent acquisiton imho.

Volek also comes with a shitload of quality coaching in his head, would most likele make a great mentor.

Volek, signed as a free agent only costs us $ and would be an excellent acquisiton imho.

Volek also comes with a shitload of quality coaching in his head, would most likele make a great mentor.

Orton's not a FA?? I thought he was. Wow, then yeah Volek makes even more sense to me now.

Orton's not a FA?? I thought he was. Wow, then yeah Volek makes even more sense to me now.

Orton status:

pixel.gif8/19/2010: Signed a two-year, $11.621 million contract. The deal contains $5.499 million guaranteed, including $2.879 million of his second-year base salary. 2011: $6.89 million (+ $1.5 million roster bonus), 2012: Free Agent

pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifleft_corner_bt_player_news.gifpixel.gif

I think he could figure that coming here might net him an opportunity to start.

(Lord knows he's not going to be a starter in San Diego anytime soon)

That's true. He would, unsurprisingly, be our best bet at QB, too. He did manage to help beat the Colts in the playoffs with Darren Sproles as QB after LDT and Rivers both got injured a few years back. He's won more playoff games than most players on our roster! Haha

depends what you are going for.. with his contract in mind, I find Orton to be a valuable asset as an actual QB.. the real question is who are you assuming will start at QB?

Perhaps we should rephrase the point we are making.. (or rather, I am making)

Rivera's first big mistake ever: bringing in Volek when he could trade for Orton.

What is up with you and Orton? You keep saying trade for him.... Plus didn't he just sign the 1 year franchise tender? Meaning we wouldn't have to trade poo for him? This is a thread about who will Rivera maybe try to bring with him, not "TRADE FOR ORTON"

Archived