• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am putting all of my faith into McDermott being here!

Brokenbad

The only reason I could see him not wanting to come here is the fact that Rivera has already stated that he will be heavily involved in the defense. When you're one of the popular DC's in the league like McDermott, would you want to come coach for a guy who was a better DC than you and may expect you to be his puppet?

That said, I think he's a good candidate and if we could land him it'd be a good pick up.

Does it really matter who our DC is? Rivera already said he's calling the shots on defense.

no he didn't.. he said he was going to oversee the defense.. so yes it's important, you want your playcaller (DC) to be on top of his game and fully understand the ins and outs of the defense..

our DC isn't going to be a ball boy..

I don't see how working for Rivera can be very fulfilling considering you will just be calling his gameplan and plays. You won't make any important decisions.

I don't see why it's assumed Rivera is going to be a hardcore dictator, instead of Rivera and whatever DC discussing a game plan together..

I picture 2 people sitting down and going over a game plan.. Rivera is going to point out flaws in the offense they face, as I'm sure McDermott will do as well..

I don't see Rivera saying "Alright there little buddy, I expect this, this, and this.. now don't fuging change a thing or your fired.. btw, go get me a cup of coffee.."

I don't see why it's assumed Rivera is going to be a hardcore dictator, instead of Rivera and whatever DC discussing a game plan together..

I picture 2 people sitting down and going over a game plan.. Rivera is going to point out flaws in the offense they face, as I'm sure McDermott will do as well..

I don't see Rivera saying "Alright there little buddy, I expect this, this, and this.. now don't f**king change a thing or your fired.. btw, go get me a cup of coffee.."

lol I don't think he'll be a dictator but I do expect something simmilar to what you said other than threatening a firing and the coffee.

Archived