• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

He should have know better then. All offseason people local and national Media were saying the samething "could Matt handle being the Man". Matt knew that book was out their about him. Plus the fact that he looked horrible in the preseason. He should have played better game one and shut everybody up. Sorry he didn't. So the problem for Matt is now not only does the media feel that way but a few people in the FO do as well.

lots of QB put pressure on themsleves and have bad games......some really good QBs have admitted to doing that.

I just find it funny that so many people choose to let ONE game define him and dismiss what he was in just about every other start.

Clausen might have looked worse than any rookie QB in who knows how long.....

Carolina is at least gonna need some bodies to compete. Moore would provide better competition than Clausen. Clausen might not get better. We need more options than the Clausen and garbage vet to teach him approach.

This might make sense if Fox and Davidson was still at the helm.

No.

However, I think Jimmy was in a better situation in his rookie year to succeed (specically the last few games) than Moore was his rookie year. Moore was signicantly better as a rookie as well.

How????? Moore had better WR better Oline vet teachers at the QB position.

Hoov was the FB no expectation at all. Time 2 sit and watch.

Jimmy had a hurt oline, rookie Wr, no Hoov. No vet QB on the sideline 2 learn from and high expectation because he was the most "pro ready QB".

So who again had a better situation???

Clausen folded under the pressure, too, it looked like. Not surprised since he was a rookie. No point in dismissing him entirely because of last season but we also don't want to build around him specifically right now.

Why does that matter when talking if we should bring Matt Moore to camp?

I actually disagree. I think Marty does plan on it, but don't ask me why I know this.

No I think your pulling somthing out your #### again.

But I hope they bring him back because it will be funny when Jimmy beats him out in TC. Now they will both be learning a new system and on equal footing. Plus Dan Morgan said that learning isn't Matt strong suit.

How????? Moore had better WR better Oline vet teachers at the QB position.

Hoov was the FB no expectation at all. Time 2 sit and watch.

Jimmy had a hurt oline, rookie Wr, no Hoov. No vet QB on the sideline 2 learn from and high expectation because he was the most "pro ready QB".

So who again had a better situation???

I'm talking late in the season, Jimmy had it better at that point than Moore.

OL played fine late for Jimmy, not having a Hoover didn't matter as Jimmy had the better ground game, Jimmy ignoring Smith doesn't mean his WRs were worse. Plus, Jimmy had several games to figure some stuff out in live action in starts before we look at his play late in 2010.

Moore was signicantly better as a rookie. That is taking out and ignoring Clausen's first few starts to give an adjustment period. Moore didn't have a better cast around him. Moore didn't have reps to get better over the course of a season. Moore was just better as a rookie. That isn't a praise of Moore......some just don't even try to realistically look at Clausen. (he had it very good late in 2010 and flat out stunk).

Clausen folded under the pressure, too, it looked like. Not surprised since he was a rookie. No point in dismissing him entirely because of last season but we also don't want to build around him specifically right now.

Why does that matter when talking if we should bring Matt Moore to camp?

Mav anwser me this who has less of a excuse for folding Matt or Jimmy?

Matt Moore - has proven to be unreliable as a starter.

Jimmy Clausen - has proven to be unreliable as a starter, might improve in the future.

Tony Pike - is unproven.

Our starter for next season should be a QB who has proven to be capable of playing well on a consistant basis. Break the bank and pay as much as necessary to bring in a reliable QB.

I'm talking late in the season, Jimmy had it better at that point than Moore.

OL played fine late for Jimmy, not having a Hoover didn't matter as Jimmy had the better ground game, Jimmy ignoring Smith doesn't mean his WRs were worse. Plus, Jimmy had several games to figure some stuff out in live action in starts before we look at his play late in 2010.

Moore was signicantly better as a rookie. That is taking out and ignoring Clausen's first few starts to give an adjustment period. Moore didn't have a better cast around him. Moore didn't have reps to get better over the course of a season. Moore was just better as a rookie. That isn't a praise of Moore......some just don't even try to realistically look at Clausen. (he had it very good late in 2010 and flat out stunk).

Now your changing your statement !!!

"I ment late in the season"

Still you would be wrong.

Matt still had a better supporting cast and more then half the season 2 sit and watch. Plus alot of vet leadership in the huddle and the sideline.

Mav anwser me this who has less of a excuse for folding Matt or Jimmy?

They both have "an excuse," because the offense was all around abysmal. It wasn't until late in the season that the run game got clicking and it didn't seem to help Clausen at all save for one game (Arizona).

I don't think you can just say "Moore folded, time to ignore him completely as a possibility!" and move on. To an extent you almost throw out most of this season as far as judging players because of how it all went down, especially early, where nearly ever position on offense was in flux every couple weeks and we had no running game and no passing game practically.

Archived