• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

You just started wacthing football right??:confused:

THE POINT

Some players can have a bad year and still get a contract. They have built up a good history with that team where the team will usely looked at that bad year as just a glitch and will give that player a new deal. example Jake, JP.

Moore doesn't have that kind of good faith built up.

You apparently fail to understand what I am saying so i will break it down. There is a chance every FA will fail and I'm pretty sure none of them have a good history with THIS team. You say they shouldn't sign Moore because he might suck. Using YOUR logic, what reason does THIS team have to sign any other free agent?

You apparently fail to understand what I am saying so i will break it down. There is a chance every FA will fail and I'm pretty sure none of them have a good history with THIS team. You say they shouldn't sign Moore because he might suck. Using YOUR logic, what reason does THIS team have to sign any other free agent?

Same FO that gave him a 1 year performance contract. He didn't fail somewhere else. he failed the FO that gave him the 1 year contract.

Do you really feel they will give him more money after he failed them this year? So again "He might suck again" meaning they won't resigned him because he failed them once already. It would be stupid 2 give him a chance 2 do it again.

Alex Smith BHM

Senca wallace BHM

Marc Bulger (BAL) BHM

Todd Collins (CHI)

Caleb Hanie (CHI)

Brady Quinn (DEN)

Drew Stanton (DET)

Trent Edwards (JAC)

Luke McCown (JAC) Beat out Moore

Brodie Croyle (KC)

Chad Pennington (MIA)

Tyler Thigpen (MIA)

Tarvaris Jackson (MIN) BHM

Jim Sorgi (NYG)

Kellen Clemens (NYJ)

Kyle Boller (OAK)

Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)

Dennis Dixon (PIT)

Billy Volek (SD) BHM

Troy Smith (SF)

Kerry Collins (TEN) BHM

Rex Grossman (WAS) BHM

Better history Moore = BHM

I'm thinking more to his Oregon St. days and Turner but we'll just leave it at that

uhh... scott turner was a GA at Oregon State when Matt Moore was there I think... is that it? It must be more than that.

edit: btw google told me that. I had no f'ing clue. so props to google :P

I got to the same place by reading Turner's bio and looking up his son.

From his Pitt bio (link)

In 2005, Turner was an administrative graduate assistant at Oregon State under Mike Riley. His responsibilities included assisting in all aspects of the Beavers' program with a special focus on the offense's weekly preparation.

Which would mean Norv's son worked quite a bit with Matt Moore in 2005.

Found the one with Ed Langsdorf too.

There's also a connection via Oregon State head coach Mike Riley. He was head coach of the Chargers from 1999 to 2001. Norv Turner was his offensive coordinator in the final year of that stint. Riley once said Moore was one of the favorite players he's coached in his career.

Not sure if any of that's what you're looking for (seems like you have something more obscure in mind) but like Mav, I've searched enough :lol:

Same FO that gave him a 1 year performance contract. He didn't fail somewhere else. he failed the FO that gave him the 1 year contract.

Do you really feel they will give him more money after he failed them this year? So again "He might suck again" meaning they won't resigned him because he failed them once already. It would be stupid 2 give him a chance 2 do it again.

Alex Smith BHM

Senca wallace BHM

Marc Bulger (BAL) BHM

Todd Collins (CHI)

Caleb Hanie (CHI)

Brady Quinn (DEN)

Drew Stanton (DET)

Trent Edwards (JAC)

Brodie Croyle (KC)

Chad Pennington (MIA)

Tyler Thigpen (MIA)

Jim Sorgi (NYG)

Kellen Clemens (NYJ)

Kyle Boller (OAK)

Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)

Dennis Dixon (PIT)

Billy Volek (SD) BHM

Troy Smith (SF)

Kerry Collins (TEN) BHM

Rex Grossman (WAS) BHM

You still missed the point. You said Moore shouldn't be signed because there is a chance he will fail again and he doesn't have a good history with the Panthers. Using that logic none of those players should be signed because there is a chance all of them will fail and none of them have a good history with the Panthers. That was my point. Those reasons for not signing Moore would be reasons not to sign anyone else.

You still missed the point. You said Moore shouldn't be signed because there is a chance he will fail again and he doesn't have a good history with the Panthers. Using that logic none of those players should be signed because there is a chance all of them will fail and none of them have a good history with the Panthers. That was my point. Those reasons for not signing Moore would be reasons not to sign anyone else.

The point is they already paid him once too fail. Why would they do it again?

They didn't pay the other guys yet.

Put it this way if you got a bad burger from a place are you going back too that place and give them more money? Or will you try another option?

The point is they already paid him once too fail. Why would they do it again?

They didn't pay the other guys yet.

Put it this way if you got a bad burger from a place are you going back too that place and give them more money? Or will you try another option?

One bad burger? I'm sure every place has had at least one burger so I would give them another chance unless they have a history of bad burgers. Moore doesn't have a history of "bad burgers" so if he comes cheap and they like what they see on tape they could excuse his "fail" last season.

One bad burger? I'm sure every place has had at least one burger so I would give them another chance unless they have a history of bad burgers. Moore doesn't have a history of "bad burgers" so if he comes cheap and they like what they see on tape they could excuse his "fail" last season.

This is not like a Jake Delhome burger it didn't take you too the superbowl burgertown. A Moore burger is you been too this place a few times it was ok - good. Then 1 day it made you sick too your stomach. Are you going back?

If they liked what they saw on tape he would have gotten more then a 1 year deal.

Alex Smith BHM

Senca wallace BHM

Marc Bulger (BAL) BHM

Todd Collins (CHI)

Caleb Hanie (CHI)

Brady Quinn (DEN)

Drew Stanton (DET)

Trent Edwards (JAC)

Brodie Croyle (KC)

Chad Pennington (MIA)

Tyler Thigpen (MIA)

Jim Sorgi (NYG)

Kellen Clemens (NYJ)

Kyle Boller (OAK)

Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)

Dennis Dixon (PIT)

Billy Volek (SD) BHM

Troy Smith (SF)

Kerry Collins (TEN) BHM

Rex Grossman (WAS) BHM

At least he isn't like the other dude, and claim every QB on the list is equal to Matt Hasslebeck.

Moore had his chance, had it handed to him, he failed.

Those picks in the game against the Giants all on him.

It got no better.

Chances at being a starting NFL QB do not come along every day, he got his chance, he failed. He had numerous other chances prior to lastyear to shine in training camp and preseason (prior to breaking his leg) and he failed at those too.

It is time to move on.

He is a very nice young man. He is not a NFL QB.

If Moore wasn't on a performance based contract and they were sure he had a future here he would have gotten more then a 1 year contract. Even with the CBA.

Performance based contract? You know he got 3+million guaranteed with no incentives at all? You know they tendered him the highest they could and put his value at a 1st and 3rd rounder.

I tried to stay out of this because I swear you are 13 and don't really know football and I don't want to crush you before you hit puberty but that's flat out false about the performance based contract.

In comparison, Jimmy is only making 2mil in his 4 years so it's not like we have to keep him on the team because we are so invested in him.

Moore had his chance, had it handed to him, he failed.

Those picks in the game against the Giants all on him.

It got no better.

Chances at being a starting NFL QB do not come along every day, he got his chance, he failed. He had numerous other chances prior to lastyear to shine in training camp and preseason (prior to breaking his leg) and he failed at those too.

It is time to move on.

He is a very nice young man. He is not a NFL QB.

Matt Moore is a NFL QB. He might not be a starter....but he is a guy people will want as a backup (we should be one of those teams). His winning record supports that.

Clausen doesn't look to be a NFL QB (not just his play but that with his physical attributes/skill set). Nothing to believe Clausen will even be a decent backup. He makes bad rookie QBs look good.

are people really surprised it was just a 1 year contract, considering the CBA etc? JR wasn't about to sign any of our experienced players to multiyear contracts before the CBA, but he had to make sure Moore was on the team last year.

His injury is the main reason I am not 100% sold he has a chance at making it to camp... and if he is throwing by March he does have a good chance of being back.

Performance based contract? You know he got 3+million guaranteed with no incentives at all? You know they tendered him the highest they could and put his value at a 1st and 3rd rounder.

I tried to stay out of this because I swear you are 13 and don't really know football and I don't want to crush you before you hit puberty but that's flat out false about the performance based contract.

In comparison, Jimmy is only making 2mil in his 4 years so it's not like we have to keep him on the team because we are so invested in him.

TRD proving again you have no Football knowlege. Did you play tennis as a child and just started watching football???? Is this why you are so clueless???

It's not the amount of the contract that makes it seem like a perfromance contract. It's the length. If they were sure Matt could be the future of this team. Why only give him a 1 year deal?? This organization has historically lock up players they like too mulit year deals. And before you say anything about the CBA Tyler Brayton got a 2-3 year deal this offseason. If they like Moore that much their was no reason not 2 give him a 2-3 year deal.

He got a 1 year deal 2 prove he could be the man. (base on performance)

If he would have performed well at all he would have put himself in place 2 get a major contract. Did that happen?

The 3 million he got this year was not only too make sure he would signed. But also was a way the FO could give him confidence that he would get a

legitimate shot at being the man. If they gave him a low tender he might not have signed. He did great at the end of last year so his agent was not only taking calls form just Carolina. They gave him a high tender too show him that he the man going into this season.

But again the 1 year thing was a way too protect themselves if things didn't go as well (like they didn't).

Archived