• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

unicar15

You don't know everyone's credentials on here and there are some people who do get paid to write about football and coach football so just be careful ( I am neither).

Also, it's business for those guys. Mel Kiper had Jimmy Clausen 4th when no one else did because they paid him to have him 4th. There are countless stories of this happening so I won't bore you with those but I can if you want me to.

A lot of scouts are scared to go against the grain for fear that they will be the one who missed the sure thing. If someone says JaMarcus would bust and he turns out to be a God, the scout likely loses his job because everyone else knew JaMarcus would be a God.

Finally, any opinion with sufficient reason and thought should be taken seriously and given it's proper due. Most people here don't have real opinions so when you find someone who puts time and reason into their post, appreciate it and if you disagree then debate it with counter arguments and examples not "But McShay said he's better!!!!1eleven!!"

I know there are people who post on here and are writers, I have been following the boards for about 4 years now, I just never really post much. Main reason I never post much is some of the things people come up with sometimes is laughable. I generally try to follow the people who have some knowledge about them (ie: Mr. Scot, JOAT)

And I know what your saying about Clausen and what Kiper said, here is the difference, every scout is saying he is top 5 material. Im just trying to say we need a qb to build around and if he is top 5 material and Rivera and the staff gets sold on him it doesn't matter whether he goes 1st or we trade down. If he is the guy he is the guy. I really think we will see his stock soar at the combine and think we need to look at the dude.

There's a lot of time left before the draft.

if the draft was held today, before Rivera's staff had a chance to review things, I think we'd go D.

But because he'll have a staff in place that can look at what we had at QB last year, and look over their previous film, it is very possible we may go offense. I don't know that we take Gabbert.

But it is possible that after the combine some scouts could rave about him. The one thing to remember, though, is the Panthers generally go by play and less by workouts from what people say... Or they did. was that a Fox thing, anyone know?? I've not heard an official source on this, just Mr. Scot.

Also, you heard it here first:

The Blaine Train.

100% on target here.

McShay had Luck going #1 to us and Gabbert going #3 to the Bills about 3 weeks ago before Luck pulled his name out. Gabbert also wasn't going to come out UNLESS he had a top 20 draft grade by the review committee. So, no its not correct that he would be a 2nd round draft choice in any other year. The kid is a LEGIT 1st round draft pick and if you can get a franchise QB with your 1st round pick then you do it.

There's a lot of time left before the draft.

if the draft was held today, before Rivera's staff had a chance to review things, I think we'd go D.

But because he'll have a staff in place that can look at what we had at QB last year, and look over their previous film, it is very possible we may go offense. I don't know that we take Gabbert.

But it is possible that after the combine some scouts could rave about him. The one thing to remember, though, is the Panthers generally go by play and less by workouts from what people say... Or they did. was that a Fox thing, anyone know?? I've not heard an official source on this, just Mr. Scot.

Also, you heard it here first:

The Blaine Train.

I actually think he will be the panthers pick coming up this draft, I just don't think he is as good as andrew luck is.

and my friend has been calling him the blaine train since he has been brought up as a potential first round QB.

Blaine was the name of the psychotic computer that controlled the train that tried to kill the hero in Stephen Kings Tower series.

Maybe there is a connection there.

I'm not sure what to make of that.

What exactly does that say about his future in the NFL?

Who is the hero in the NFL he will control a mad device to kill?

I actually think he will be the panthers pick coming up this draft, I just don't think he is as good as andrew luck is.

and my friend has been calling him the blaine train since he has been brought up as a potential first round QB.

I was tweeting Blaine Train the day Luck undeclared, so your friend probably beat me :) No harm done! I just think it's amusing, lol.

As long as Kiper doesn't jynx us I think he wouldn't be a bad pick. But in all honesty the last thing we can afford is a "project" with "upside". But the way you put "The Blaine Train" in bold has hypnotized me into possibly seeing how far the rabbit hole goes...

gabbfairleyredpillbluepill-1.jpg?

I went back and watched his bowl game again today. Not only did he not take a single snap from under center but he never completed a single pass while under pressure.

He does have a good arm though and is rather accurate although he didn't throw many deep balls. One deep ball he did throw missed by 10 yards.

I went back and watched his bowl game again today. Not only did he not take a single snap from under center but he never completed a single pass while under pressure.

He does have a good arm though and is rather accurate although he didn't throw many deep balls. One deep ball he did throw missed by 10 yards.

but he's tall

So If Arizona "wants" him at 5. We need to talk him up like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Pretend he is the next coming of Brady, Manning and Brees all wrapped up in one. Then swap picks with the a-holes and take someone else with a better value.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Archived