• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"CBA has no chance..."

firstdayfan

Na, the touchdowns, the wins, and representation are the product. If you don't have wins what product do you have to sell? The players can be replaced and do every year, they make millions in a boutique trade. Yes I can see why they want to add that 3k Square feet pool out back beside their 5k square feet pool but does it affect me? No, the wins is all I care about. Yes there are players that don't make much, but they still have an education they got for free and a nice headstart in life right out of college to boot.

48 player / 52 owners post-revenue looks to be the outcome of this.

hell last time players had owners in a hard spot and got a massive increase, this time owners have the players in a hardspot.. just how it works.

We disagree then. I see the players as the product.

Tell me how the XFL did with lower tier players? If Luck, Manning, and Brady and other big names go play in the UFL it would end the NFL. Sorry.

We disagree then. I see the players as the product.

Tell me how the XFL did with lower tier players? If Luck, Manning, and Brady and other big names go play in the UFL it would end the NFL. Sorry.

just because a big name goes and plays for a different league/team doesnt mean it will boost popularity or demand at all.

See Beckham, David.

The NFL isnt going to vanish overnight, and the thought that the UFL will take over the NFL at all is laughable.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/TuskersVSLocomotives.JPG

Who knows, maybe with peyton manning, they'll be able to get 3 fans in the stadium

The UFL won't overtake the NFL, not because people wouldn't watch (they certainly would, in perfect conditions), but because the UFL is poorly managed and incapable of making money. They can barely pay their players' salaries as it is. Imagine what kind of money that a player like Manning would demand. Networks would probably be hesitant to give money to something unproven and I don't think a lot of investors would be willing to fork over their money when the league's future after the lockout would be uncertain. I just can't see the UFL being able to afford big-name players.

The UFL won't overtake the NFL, not because people wouldn't watch (they certainly would, in perfect conditions), but because the UFL is poorly managed and incapable of making money. They can barely pay their players' salaries as it is. Imagine what kind of money that a player like Manning would demand. Networks would probably be hesitant to give money to something unproven and I don't think a lot of investors would be willing to fork over their money when the league's future after the lockout would be uncertain. I just can't see the UFL being able to afford big-name players.

i forgot this as well, the UFL just doesnt have the money the nfl does to 'support' the big names

From the comment section of the link below:

This dispute is not even about the players vs owners, its about owners vs owners....*.... Mr. Abrams don't be part of the problem, get yourself informed

1. The small market NFL teams want the cap lowered or they want all the revenue shared. As it stands right now only the TV money is shared, the money that an owner can extract from ticket prices, stadium concession*s, merchandis*ing, stadium naming rights, etc is not shared amongst the team owners....*... however all of that money is counted into the Salary Cap

So for example the Cowboys own their stadium and keep the revenue from it, so the higher cap doesn't impact them, but Jacksonvil*le which is in a city that has lower wages and a lower standard of living than Dallas has to pay players at the same Cap number that Dallas does.

2. The Players are not asking for an increase in the percentage they get from the total revenue, they are asking for HEALTH BENEFITS and Pension money

So how is a work stoppage the players fault? How does any of this labor dispute fall on the shoulders of the players...*..... it doesn't...*.... Goddell will have to appease the owners and get them to agree to something amongst themselves

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roger-i-abrams/isnt-it-always-the-player_b_821593.html

And then there's this:

http://www.anoffcamberworld.com/2011/01/more-on-labor-mess.html

just because a big name goes and plays for a different league/team doesnt mean it will boost popularity or demand at all.

See Beckham, David.

Who knows, maybe with peyton manning, they'll be able to get 3 fans in the stadium

David Beckham increased MLS ratings, sales and helped to legitimize the league. That's not hard to prove. Just look at MLS sales and popularity before and after. You're dead wrong with that analogy.

Peyton Manning goes to the UFL and he would increase the fan base by 100s of thousands and it would open the door for other stars to leave. This won't happen, but if it did, then yes, the UFL would gain a great deal of fans.

there's no way Manning will go to the UFL, no matter how hard JR made him his bitch.

Though if there is a season-canceling lockout, all bets are off for players not under contract, I just seriously doubt those players would take the paycuts to go play for the UFL. the UFL couldn't afford to pay them anything close to what they got in the NFL.

if ol man JR ensures there's no season next year that's exactly what'll happen!

personally, and i know i'll get flamed for this, id rather have no season and get Luck than have a season and get Newton...

No I'm saying even if there is no season we don't automatically get the first pick. Many have speculated that it would be some sort of lottery and that the owners would have to agree on any method.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

In the NFL the players are the employees and the product. Owners lose out.

more than just the product, they're the marketing, the raw materials, the labor and the service. it's a service business. and the service is not being provided by the owners.

go check a gameday thread. when Smith catches a TD pass, people are not cheering "YES! GO JERRY RICHARDSON!"

No I'm saying even if there is no season we don't automatically get the first pick. Many have speculated that it would be some sort of lottery and that the owners would have to agree on any method.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

everything i've heard is we indeed get the first pick and subsequent rounds flip-flop. for instance, we pick #1 in the first round and Green Bay picks #1 in the second round and we pick #32. third round, we pick #1 and GB picks #32...etc...

Archived