• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players of interest / Offseason Cuts

Mr. Scot

I honestly think that Fox might just decide to stick it out with Hackett. If he is healthy, and that is a huge IF, we will have another good recieving corp. Moose is a question mark though just because of his age. It might pay off to go after a young, high profile reciever this year, and cut hackett. I just hate to see Jarret wasted for another year because the kid proved the season he can ball. But maybe with a Hackett cut and another reciever pickup, Jarret can be the 3rd or 4th guy and useful in the spread.

Just my 2 cents

How often do you see us run the spread? IMHO I don't really think it matters after moose because Delhomme rarely throws it to anyone else other then Smitty and if he does its to moose. So unless you want to get someone to take over the #2 spot from moose your just wasting your money.

Possibility now that the Lions cut Jon Kitna. I think that's a mistake, to be honest. I'm not at all sold on Daunte Culpepper.

With that said though, I'd take McCown over Kitna, so no I wouldn't be interested in him here either.

Kitna is 36, so his days are numbered. McCown obviously has more upside.

Kitna will find a spot easily as a #2 somewhere. NE might want him if Cassell is lost.

Summarizing, listing only players that have actually been cut already:

(original post is quoted just a few posts down)

OL Edwin Mulitalo, Lions: The guy that probably makes the most sense

WR Mike Furrey, Lions: Possible as a replacement for DJ Hackett

CB Leigh Bodden, Lions: Unlikely if the Panthers are truly sold on Richard Marshall and CJ Wilson

TE Dan Campbell, Lions: big primarily blocking TE like Fox prefers, but with injury issues.

RB Fred Taylor, Jaguars: Highly unlikely

CB Chris McAlister, Ravens: Injured a lot over the past few seasons

CB Drayton Florence, Jaguars: Could be cheaper than other options, but Marshall/Wilson are even cheaper

WR Jerry Porter, Jaguars: hasn't looked the same since leaving Oakland

LB Morlon Greenwood, Texans: Richard Smith might like him, but we already have a player like him in Na'il Diggs

RB Alex Haynes, Broncos: Another shot for the former practice squadder? In camp, maybe.

WR Marty Booker, Bears: Used to be decent; these days, not so much

RB Deuce McAllister, Saints: Age and a possible steroid suspension point to a 'no'

DT Dwayne Robertson, Broncos: A position of need, but has been underwhelming and overpriced

DE John Engelberger, Broncos: Not as strong as he was expected to be when drafted

LB Jamie Winborn, Broncos: Probably on the downside of his career

TE Nate Jackson, Broncos: Likely too many injury issues

LB Niko Koutouvides, Broncos: Had back problems last year; those can kill a football career (wasn't a starter anyway)

S Marquand Manuel, Broncos: We already had him and let him go

CB Dre Bly, Broncos: Has a rep as a solid corner, but I've never believed he was as good as advertised. The fact that the Broncos took a salary cap hit to cut him should be a red flag.

TE Chris Baker, Jets: Panthers once tried to acquire him but he went back to the Jets instead

WR Ronald Curry, Raiders: previously very good, but a case of the dropsies of late; Raider curse?

G Brandon Moore, Jets: A very good right guard from a solid OL unit; should we keep Vincent in place or look into a possible upgrade?

honestly mr. scot what the f*ck is your day job and how are you not qualified to be making a huge salary as some type of personnel for a team in the NFL? seriously man sometimes i wonder if you work in the NFL business.

DE's

Antonie Smith AZ

Chris Canty Dal

DT's

Hansworth (ofcourse)

Gabe Watson AZ (rfa)

Anthony Montgomerey Wash (Rfa)

Tank Johnson (I know char issue BIG - on this team but he is still young and a beast)

Colin Cole, Packers. Age: 28

Kedric Golston (RFA), Redskins. Age: 26

Cb's

Leigh Bodden, Lions. Age: 27

Domonique Foxworth, Falcons. Age: 26

Tramon Williams (ERFA), Packers. Age: 26

Ronald Bartell, Rams. Age: 27

This my FA list of huy I like too take a look at.

honestly mr. scot what the f*ck is your day job and how are you not qualified to be making a huge salary as some type of personnel for a team in the NFL? seriously man sometimes i wonder if you work in the NFL business.

I'm not qualified for that sort of thing. I wish I were. I'd be satisfied with just being a full time writer, but I don't have the credentials to do that either.

So for now: part-time office guy, full-time football nerd :lol:

Safety Lawyer Milloy now available.

Veteran safety Lawyer Milloy won’t play next season for the Atlanta Falcons, who have decided not to renew the 35-year-old starter’s contract heading into free agency.

The development was announced separately today by the team and his agent.

“We felt as an organization that it was in the best interests of both parties to go in our own directions and let him test the market in free agency,” said Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff, according to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We feel that Lawyer has been a significant contributor to the Falcons organization both on and off the field. We are very proud to have had him involved here. We wish him all of the best in his future career in football and life outside of football.

“I’ve seen him play at New England and he’s proven that he’s a major contributor in the league. We feel going forward as an organization that we have acquired players throuh the draft and free agency in the secondary. We will continue to rebuild the secondary.”

Archived