• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB43's big lesson: Quarterbacks are important

raleigh-panther

Ive seen Ben play too and it's laughable you think Jake played better. I dont see it with a skewed perspective, I see REALITY. Then I form my opinion from what I see. Call me a hater all you want, but Jake sucks! You are the one with the blinders on.

You never once mention that Ben had one of the top 3 worst lines in football when I've said that to you 3 times now while Jake had the best offense around him that he has ever had in his career. Ben had to work harder than Jake, yet Jake finished the season with more INTs than TDs.

Ben can read defenses, has pocket awareness, can extend plays, and knows how to find the open receiver. All of which Jake CAN NOT do. Ben can scramble and break free from defenders, spin around and still find someone open AND DOES IT ALL THE TIME! Jake on the other hand either hangs on to the ball too long and still goes down or coughs up the ball when being hit. Ben doesn't get rattled with defenses bring pressure while Jake folds when they do. Ben doesn't lock on to 1 reciever like Jake does.

But go ahead and keep thinking Jake played better. Ben is at home right now polishing his 2nd Super Bowl ring.

If Ben has better pocker presence why did he throw more picks and have almost twice as many sacks? If his pocket presence was so great he would have thrown the ball away more often or completed more balls or called more audibles. Ben had 14 fumbles and lost 7. Jake had 5 funbles and lost 3. All the things you accuse Jake of like holding the ball, Ben did with more frequency. Jake was sacked 26 times and Ben was sacked 46. Oh Yeah it was the line. How come guys like Brees have a poor line and still don't have half the sacks Ben had. If you were watching him play you obviously have no idea what you saw.

Do you ever do any homework before you make ridiculous statements. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Seems to me that a fiery gunslinger is always more dynamic than a bear of a guy who is more conservative.

Where have you been??

The only dynamic part about Jake would be his passion and fiery attitude.

The rest would belong to Ben, who isn't conservative, I think you mistake Jakes stupid ass decisions for being a dynamic football player.

Yea and you're NOT a homer haha.

Oh yes if you look at the past 16 games you will see exactly what we are talking about from Jake.

Our RB's carried the team, Jake tried to kill it.(and eventually did)

Oh yes Great example with Brady:rolleyes:

He was hit low by a somewhat legal hit and we would assume he is injury prone off that. :rolleyes:

But Jake threw 4 ints against a terrible team, so the writing was on the wall with that one.

3 vs another.

You are actually the one being ridiculous.

Take your homer glasses off.

I am always amazed at how you can spend paragraphs saying nothing and spouting irrelevant information totally unrelated to the topic. You jumble up the information and pick some tangent and go off the deep end. Using Brady as an example was to say that the past doesn't relate to the future. I wasn't saying he was injury prone. I was saying to assume that he was based on last year's result would be erroneous. It was a retort to relying on the recent past without evaluating it based on a broader context.

I didn't realize you were so concrete in your thinking.

If Ben has better pocker presence why did he throw more picks and have almost twice as many sacks? If his pocket presence was so great he would have thrown the ball away more often or completed more balls or called more audibles. Ben had 14 fumbles and lost 7. Jake had 5 funbles and lost 3. All the things you accuse Jake of like holding the ball, Ben did with more frequency. Jake was sacked 26 times and Ben was sacked 46. Oh Yeah it was the line. How come guys like Brees have a poor line and still don't have half the sacks Ben had. If you were watching him play you obviously have no idea what you saw.

Do you ever do any homework before you make ridiculous statements. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ben had 20 TDs and 16 INTs. Jake had 16 TDs and 17 INTs. Last time I checked 17 is greater than 16. Again, like I've said time and time again, Ben had to work harder due to his poor line. Of course his INTs are gonna be a little high. Jake had more and had a great line!

Did you really have to ask me why he had twice as many sacks? Did you really just compare the sacks of Jake and Ben? I thought you're supposed be the "All Mighty One" when it comes to football. It all stems from the line which you choose to ignore time and time again 'cause you know it goes against your arguement.

You just throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks. You make insults to try to make yourself look smarter and come on here thinking your opinion is greater than everyone else's when really you just make yourself look silly. "This is like shooting fish in a barrell" hahahaha. Please.

The only dynamic part about Jake would be his passion and fiery attitude.

The rest would belong to Ben, who isn't conservative, I think you mistake Jakes stupid ass decisions for being a dynamic football player.

fiery and passionate is being dynamic and describe Jake.

dy⋅nam⋅ic

/daɪˈnæmthinsp.pngɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [dahy-nam-ik] Show IPA Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

–adjective Also, dy⋅nam⋅i⋅cal. 1.pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic: the dynamic president of the firm. 2.Physics. a.of or pertaining to force or power.b.of or pertaining to force related to motion.

fiery and passionate is being dynamic and describe Jake.

dy⋅nam⋅ic

/daɪˈnæmthinsp.pngɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [dahy-nam-ik] Show IPA Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

–adjective Also, dy⋅nam⋅i⋅cal. 1.pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic: the dynamic president of the firm. 2.Physics. a.of or pertaining to force or power.b.of or pertaining to force related to motion.

Being fiery and passionate isn't going to win us games if you don't have the talent is it?

I am always amazed at how you can spend paragraphs saying nothing and spouting irrelevant information totally unrelated to the topic. You jumble up the information and pick some tangent and go off the deep end. Using Brady as an example was to say that the past doesn't relate to the future. I wasn't saying he was injury prone. I was saying to assume that he was based on last year's result would be erroneous. It was a retort to relying on the recent past without evaluating it based on a broader context.

I didn't realize you were so concrete in your thinking.

This is where I will refer you to Raging Bulls sign. LOL

Saying that the past doesn't relate to the future just makes you look crazier than you already do.

By that logic you could expect to see Petyon play like Carr this year, or that Carr would play like Montana.

Or that a 3X convicted murderer would not murder again after he is released the 4th time.

Lets see you put.

You can use any standard you want. But for example to look at one post season game without looking at the 16 games before that is ridiculous and that is what you haters are doing. All I am saying is what happened last year is no more relevant to the future than assuming that Brady is injury prone and will get hurt again this year.

Well it happened lately. So do we look at his last 5 years or the last 5 games? If we looked at his career he has been healthy. If we do as you suggest and just look at what happened lately then he is injury prone.

And I/we told you it wasn't just the post season game, as a matter of fact I haven't even said anything about that game during this discussion.

So you are really up the creek without a paddle on this one.

That's fine if you don't understand that, hey your the guy who thinks Jake is a good QB, what else could I expect?

Ben had 20 TDs and 16 INTs. Jake had 16 TDs and 17 INTs. Last time I checked 17 is greater than 16. Again, like I've said time and time again, Ben had to work harder due to his poor line. Of course his INTs are gonna be a little high. Jake had more and had a great line!

Did you really have to ask me why he had twice as many sacks? Did you really just compare the sacks of Jake and Ben? I thought you're supposed be the "All Mighty One" when it comes to football. It all stems from the line which you choose to ignore time and time again 'cause you know it goes against your arguement.

You just throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks. You make insults to try to make yourself look smarter and come on here thinking your opinion is greater than everyone else's when really you just make yourself look silly. "This is like shooting fish in a barrell" hahahaha. Please.

No we are talking about the regular season. The post season is different which is why they keep separate stats for each. You are the only one who combines it whe it suits your purpose.

And as I said there are many other quarterbacks without good lines who had fewer Ints and sacks than Ben. He held the ball, was susceptible to pressure and made plenty of mistakes during the season.

You just change the criteria to fit your argument. When Jake has lots of sacks it is because he holds the ball and make poor decisions. When Ben has more sacks it is because he has a poor line.

What is sad is that you can't see what is obvious to anyone on this board. You are one of the most biased, prejudiced, opinionated poster on this board and you can't even see it. You talk about both sides of your mouth and don't even realize it. You ignore the facts that don't fit your argument and constantly accuse other of character flaws that describe you to a tee. We call that projection in professional parlance. Common defense mechanism.

a.Projection: the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself, or to regard external reality as embodying such feelings, thoughts, etc., in some way.

And it seems to me that once again the one insulting others but accusing others of it is you not me. Another example of projection. Thanks for proving my point.

The one that went through his fingertips was over his head, while leaping backwards was a "perfect pass"?

2:12 mark.

HAHA your using a You Tube video with that angle to try to help yourself?

Please I have the game recorded, and they show more angles than that.

Tell ya what why don't you find the interview where he said he dropped it himself, because I saw that and heard that myself.

Also everyone in the media knows he dropped it and even hinted at how he would have been the scapegoat if he had dropped that pass he caught.

Some of us have to work in the morning. It was fun debating with some of you. Passes the time in the off season. You haters are so easy. Try being less emotional and more rational. Seems you still haven't gotten over the loss a few weeks ago. Othrwise you won't be so relentless in your unfounded criticism. If you were able to give Jake credit for some of what he did you would find more acceptance. But to negate everything just discounts your opinion and makes you look like fanatics instead of mainstream posters.

Proof or STFU. I truely think this is a myth created by Jake haters talking out of their asses. I don't see it. If someone can show me some stats that have some meaning on this, I would LOVE to see it.

Is it his 4th quarter rating being good? MJ was at his best in the 4th quarter. Doesn't mean he blew donkey balls for the rest of the game though.

Delhomme 1st 3 quarters in 2008/09 when trailing heading into the 4th:

vs. San Diego: 14-29, 183 yards

vs. Chicago: 7-15, 76 yds, int, 6 yds rushing, sacked for -9 yards

vs. Minnesota: 11-18, 111 yards, sacked 3 times for -19 yards, 2 lost fumbles

vs. Tampa Bay: 9-17, 89 yds, 2 int

vs. Atlanta: 11-21 147 yards, sacked twice for -15 yards, 6 yds rushing

plus against Oakland and Detroit(just for people who like to say Delhomme only had 1 bad game):

17-40, 152 yds, 2 td, 4 int, sacked for 8 yards

=======================================

Theres your proof. So I guess you should STFU.

Archived