• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For What It's Worth....

NanceUSMC

For what it's worth, which ain't much, I've been doing my annual pre-Draft routine and research, and have come up with what I believe the Panthers will do this April... I'm not sure who I feel the Panthers will select would be my first choice, but I also believe if they go this direction it's because they believe in what they've learned through their private workouts and interviews... All of the usual suspects come with a fair amount of positives and negatives, and can be debated to death (as I'm sure they will be by April, if not already)... You can easily make a case for any of Fairley, Bowers, Peterson, Green, Newton, etc... You can easily make a case for trading down... Again, though, I'm not saying this is what I would personally do if I was the one who made the decision, I am saying that right now, if the pick were made today, this is what I believe it would be... And in the end, regardless of who the Panthers select, this team has enough holes that almost any of the top prospects fit in one way or another... The only thing is, they'd better not miss... They miss on this one, and it's entirely possible they get a chance to 'do over' next year... Hit on this pick and you're respectable... Miss on it, and you're Oakland...

That said, enjoy the debate Panther fans... With the first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select: Quarterback from Missouri, Blaine Gabbert

I wouldn't complain if they drafted Gabbert. I just wish I had seen him play more because my last memory of him was that boneheaded INT he threw in the bowl game, which left a bad taste in my mouth. He does have a very quick release, and they said he did very well on the chalk board, so he is definitely a possibility.

I wouldn't complain if they drafted Gabbert. I just wish I had seen him play more because my last memory of him was that boneheaded INT he threw in the bowl game, which left a bad taste in my mouth. He does have a very quick release, and they said he did very well on the chalk board, so he is definitely a possibility.

Agreed... I like his size/speed ratio... His intangibles are fantastic... He has excellent arm strength... There's quite a bit to like about him as a prospect... There are quite a few concerns I'd like to have addressed, of course... Glad that's not my decision to make... Or rather, glad my ass isn't the one on the line if we take him and he busts...

I still prefer Green, because I feel like we're going to be losing Steve Smith soon but I also understand that going in with a purely green receiving corps is recipe for a disaster.

I like Peterson a lot - he would basically solidify our secondary enormously.

Dareus I don't know enough about, but I understand the need at DT. It's just such an unsexy position to draft I have trouble getting into it... but I would certainly be happy if we did fill that need.

Archived