• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Incarcerated Bob says Miami possible trade partner

teeray

Trying to find out more about this guy. Apparently people in NY give him some credibility. He is a call in guy who always claims to have sources and has been ahead of the media on a couple of stories. many people just attribute that to him throwing sh*t against the wall and seeing what sticks

The only reason I posted it was because it came up a couple times on different NFL rumor web sites so someone somewhere gives this guy some credibility.

Again take this very lightly

Newton nor gabbert will make it past 5.

I tend to agree with you but if Cam's combine really went as bad as some have suggested (we really don't know) then he very well could slide.

I don't think he will make it past 3 myself

I'm not going to start another thread but Rotoworld has an article up that says Darin Gantt doesn't think Gabbert is in play for us. We want either Cam or one of the defensive guys.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=6451&line=201404&spln=1

NFL Network reporters and analysts have pushed Gabbert as Panthers' potential top pick, but the team's top beat writer doesn't think he's in the mix. Gantt believes it will come down to Auburn QB Cam Newton or a defensive player. Mar. 4 - 11:16 am et

Gabbert's in the mix, doesn't mean we draft him though. The actual quote is:

daringantt Darin Gantt

That he's not the guy. RT @James_Dator Seems like there's a groundswell among analysts for Gabbert to the Panthers. What's your feeling?

daringantt Darin Gantt

That's precisely what my gut says. That, and it's almost lunch time. RT @Panthers_711 Does your gut say it's Cam or a defensive player?

Gantt also isn't always as connected as he thinks he is. I think we're looking at 7-9 players like Hurney and Rivera have said, and we are probably looking to trade down.

I have heard that Buffalo wants him. Minnesota said they want the next Matt Ryan or Flacco. Cincinnati better think QB, and so should the Skins and possibly Titans. Arizona will probably try to get a veteran like Kolb, but they might want a young guy.

Cam still has to pass the intensity of the personal workouts in Charlotte and probably every other city looking QB--Same for Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Mallett, and Kaepernick. His pro day won't be that tough. I would guess that only 1 or 2 of these becomes a true franchise QB. If teams think Cam is it, they will deal.

Seriously they would be insane to do that.

Especially with a rookie cap on the horizon.

Not only is draft talent better in the coming year it's going to be cheaper.

But like I said, this is the guy that was going to pay Harbaugh like 10 million a year or something. :cheers2:

I was under the impression that the rookie wage scale will be in effect for THIS draft since the current CBA will expire before the draft, thus putting all rookies under the new CBA which is expected to have the wage scale?

Archived