• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crazy Car Comparison...

Darth Biscuit

You like to give people sh*t for nothing don't you? I don't just care about 0-to-60, but that is a good indicator... I mentioned 0-to-60 in this comparison because 2.9 seconds for a production car is un-f*cking-believable. This car also handles like it's on rails... and in this particular test (of cars under $100K) beat a Corvette Z06 and Shelby Mustang in acceleration, braking and on the track.

How many places can you legally do much but go 0-to-60 without a ticket? You sure can't go 250MPH anywhere around here even if you had a Veyron.

After you get above a hundred grand, its like 100k per 10th of a second or something. It's completely meaningless unless you are looking for a real car that you won't be afraid to take on the street. On Top Gear they had a Koneigsegg that was as powerful or moreso as the Bugatti, and the Stig wiped out in it - first time it happened - becuase there was no wing on the back and a few other things.

Just give me one of these and I will learn to live within its limits

porsche_parts.01.JPG

I actually own

Porsche%20914%20red.jpg

The engine is basically a 2 liter bus motor retrofitted with Weber 40 IDFs. Not fast, but get it on Independence surrounded by Ford Expeditions and I guarantee your heart will start racing.

After you get above a hundred grand, its like 100k per 10th of a second or something. It's completely meaningless unless you are looking for a real car that you won't be afraid to take on the street. On Top Gear they had a Koneigsegg that was as powerful or moreso as the Bugatti, and the Stig wiped out in it - first time it happened - becuase there was no wing on the back and a few other things.

Just give me one of these and I will learn to live within its limits

That's fine and dandy, but the problem is you're wrong...

The GTR does o-to-60 in 2.9 seconds... the other two cars in this comparo the Corvette Z06 ($98K) does it in like 3.8 and the Shelby ($55K) does it in 4.1... that's more than "100k per 10th or something".... also in that same issue of MT is the new Aston Martin DBS with a V12, it's $282K and it does 0-to-60 in around 4.2... so the price is not a good measure in regards to performance... it may however be a good measure in regards to what Hawk mentioned.

My point is, to your first reply, 0-to-60 is VERY meaningful in the sense that to the average driver, that's all they get to do, accelerate. Most of us don't have a track to take it to, or a mountain road on the way to work to test the cornering, we have 4,000 stop lights on the way to work every day.

...., we have 4,000 stop lights on the way to work every day.

and pot holes EVERYWHERE!

Anybody that cuts other drivers off is an asshole... and that's not what I am referring to. You can enjoy your fast car without being a jerk...

I cut people off on average about every other day. Only to cross the bridge though. There are two lanes, and everybody just wants to use the one. It doesn't make sense to me. On the other days I allow people to cut me off, and I allow at least one person in line every day. I think this is acceptable.

and pot holes EVERYWHERE!

I cut people off on average about every other day. Only to cross the bridge though. There are two lanes, and everybody just wants to use the one. It doesn't make sense to me. On the other days I allow people to cut me off, and I allow at least one person in line every day. I think this is acceptable.

It is acceptable to me to cut someone off that is going below the speed limit in the left hand lane of a two lane road... that pisses me off to no end and I see it every single day without exception on College Road. I meant, if you cut someone off just to get to the front at a stop light, which I believe is what CWG was referring to...

Getting in and out of lines of traffic isn't really cutting someone off IMO... unless you swerve in front of them and stomp on your brakes... usually when I cut in like that I'm accelerating so they don't have to slow down.

the congestion coming from 421 onto 74 is ridiculous at afternoon rush hour. you either sit in the line for about a mile(sometimes more), or you go to the front using the left lane, and merge in on people. some get pissed. some understand that its the fastest way to get home. the wife thinks i'm in the wrong.

Archived