• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New SB Nation Mock Draft

teeray

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. As much of a risk as Blaine Gabbert might be with the first overall pick, Newton is a significantly bigger one. His star power, however, may be too hard for the Panthers to pass up - and the idea of a division featuring Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman and Newton is incredibly enticing.

2. Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. After releasing Jamal Williams and Justin Bannan last week, defensive tackle is Denver's most pressing need. There's an excellent chance that John Elway's Broncos take advantage of a deep DT class and a high second-round pick so that they can take arguably the best prospect here.

3. Buffalo Bills: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. Bills head coach Chan Gailey is committed to running a defense featuring 3-4 and 4-3 looks - and what the Bills really lack defensively is a player that can pressure the quarterback out of both fronts. Bowers is a versatile athlete capable of moving around with nose tackle Kyle Williams.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. Carson Palmer's continued insistence, through various media leaks, that he's done in Cincinnati will likely force the Bengals' hand here if either Newton or Gabbert is available. In either case, Cincinnati would likely target a veteran while the rookie grooms - just as they did with Palmer.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M. There's little question that aside from quarterback, rush linebacker is Arizona's biggest area of concern. As the Cardinals are expected to take the veteran route at quarterback, there's a very reasonable chance the rock-solid Miller winds up atop Arizona's big board.

Here is top 5 by them

Just not sure about any of the QB's in this draft, but I'd bet there is one that will suprise all of us(don't know who). I saw a thread about Kaepernik, the kid's got game, but I don't think he would do very well here, we have too many young QB's on the roster as it is. And with all the talk about Steve Smith, we would have a very young group of WR's to go along with a very young QB. We need a vet QB for a couple year's for sure.

Here is top 5 by them

Best Mock Draft I seen this year....

All I have to say what do we have the lose its either Cam going be good or he going be a bust.But the Panthers might just go ahead and pull the trigger and pray to god he be good.Everybody in the world is doubting the kid, every were I go people are already saying he will be a Jamarcus Russell or and Ryan Leaf or he going be the biggest bust ever.. The Panthers just need to make sure is this who they want because we arent going to be never a good team into we have a QB. Because we cant count on having Andrew Luck next year or Barkley we might be in the top 10 but there is no chance they fall past the top 3. Maybe this is the year the panthers get there QB.Or maybe not?

If we go offense and keep the number 1 pick it will Cam newton but if we go defense it maybe marcell Dareus witch i have no problem with. Also 2 dark horses Von Miller and Patrick Peterson..

I think Cam actually is the safest choice at QB this draft, at least of the top prospects. I haven't really looked into all of the QBs, but Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett all have high potential to be busts.

With that said, I really hope we go with Patrick Peterson. I wouldn't mind Fairley or even Cam, but I think Peterson is the smartest choice.

I think Cam actually is the safest choice at QB this draft, at least of the top prospects. I haven't really looked into all of the QBs, but Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett all have high potential to be busts.

With that said, I really hope we go with Patrick Peterson. I wouldn't mind Fairley or even Cam, but I think Peterson is the smartest choice.

Like him in that Carolina uniform..He just gotta change that number.... Maybe to "21"..

Best Mock Draft I've seen this year....

All I have to say is, what do we have the lose. Either Cam is going be good or he is going be a bust. The Panthers might just go ahead, pull the trigger and pray to god he will be good.

Everybody in the world is doubting the kid. Everywhere I go, people are already saying he will be a Jamarcus Russell; or a Ryan Leaf; or he is going be the biggest bust ever.

The Panthers just need to make sure this is who they want, because we aren't going to be never a good team into we have a QB (WTF?). We can't count on having Andrew Luck or Barkley next year. We might be in the top 10, but there is no chance they fall past the top 3. Maybe this is the year the Panthers get their QB. Or maybe not?

If we go offense, and keep the number 1 pick, it will be Cam Newton. But, if we go defense, it maybe Marcell Dareus; which I have no problem with. Also, 2 dark horses are Von Miller and Patrick Peterson.

It took a lot of work, but fixed.

Archived