• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri's Gabbert impresses Rivera

teeray

"He had good presence. That's probably the biggest thing I remember was his presence. We went to dinner with him first, then we had an opportunity to visit with him in the classroom. And he had a pretty relaxed way about him. He was confident. That was interesting," Rivera said on the final day of the owners meetings.

"Then kind of seeing how he was when he came in the next morning to work out, and watch him interact with the people that were there. He was solid. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but he was good."

Good enough to with the top pick?

Rivera was not going to tip his hand, but he said Gabbert's high school background in a pro-style offense was evident.

"When you watched him under center and watched the way he went back, you could tell he had experience in it," he said. "He looked fluid."

SS? :ihih:

Poor footwork, average arm, horrible accuracy, blond hair. If not his brother it must be a distant relative.

...lol?

his footwork is probably the best out of any of these "first round" quarterbacks coming out, but he's still a college kid. His arm is pretty good and so is his accuracy, very underrated imo and you can see that against better opponents. Plus, the thing that bugs me most about Clausen is that he just doesn't seem to command people. Nobody has said this is the case with Gabbert, and PLENTY (seemingly Rivera included) have said the total opposite. He's got questions and issues, which is why I don't want to take him at #1, but not because he's Clausen.

Most importantly, you're focusing on the wrong hair metric. It's not just the color you use when evaluating a quarterback, but how he wears it. How can you possibly say no to his hair?!

Blaine-Gabbert.jpg

I guess this franchise hates non traditional QBs I mean "winning"

Rivera is just scared of Cam Newton's greatness and he doesn't want that to overshadow Rivera's coaching this season. He'd rather "lose" and we'd all rather root for a "losing" team than have a "exciting" QB lead this team. Damn Rivera is just another one of JRs good ole boys

...lol?

his footwork is probably the best out of any of these "first round" quarterbacks coming out, but he's still a college kid. His arm is pretty good and so is his accuracy, very underrated imo and you can see that against better opponents. Plus, the thing that bugs me most about Clausen is that he just doesn't seem to command people. Nobody has said this is the case with Gabbert, and PLENTY (seemingly Rivera included) have said the total opposite. He's got questions and issues, which is why I don't want to take him at #1, but not because he's Clausen.

Most importantly, you're focusing on the wrong hair metric. It's not just the color you use when evaluating a quarterback, but how he wears it. How can you possibly say no to his hair?!

Blaine-Gabbert.jpg

That hair is pretty impressive, better than Tom Brady's.

tom-brady-long-hair.jpg

no matter what you think of what he says, Rivera is a nice change from Fox in terms of the answers he is giving to reporters. Sure, it's just more elaborate "he's good, he's good, he's good," but at least he answers questions completely and explains why he thinks every prospect is good. ;)

Archived