• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Going to Charleston...

Darth Biscuit

...today with my youngest son and his cub scout pack.

We're gonna tour Ft. Sumter tomorrow and stay overnight on the USS Yorktown. Anybody ever done that, have any tips?

Never stayed overnight but my dad made us tour the USS Yorktown many, many times.

We're gonna tour Ft. Sumter tomorrow and stay overnight on the USS Yorktown. Anybody ever done that, have any tips?

Yes, when i was a scout (way back in the early 80's) we had a great time.

I still have some ol pictures at my moms house.

You guys well love it.

Yep..did it years ago when my son was a scout. Worst 24 hours of my life. I like history and enjoyed the Yorktown but I am not the "babysitting" type and that is what it basically turned out to be. And at night being cramped up in a room full of bunks stacked 2inches from each other with a bunch of sneezy, whiney, snotty kids was a nightmare come true. I kept waiting for the kid sleeping above me to piss himself in the middle of the nite. Just being honest..the parents that went on the trip were half the problem...hopefully your experience will be better.

Sleep on your back. If you're a side sleeper you're going to be screwed.

Yeah, I can sleep on my back, but I still think it's gonna suck... if this was one month ago I couldn't have done it at all with my shoulder.

ya and I might be able to get you an employee rate...hit me up

I always forget about that... my wife already made the reservations for tonight... thanks anyway.

Yep..did it years ago when my son was a scout. Worst 24 hours of my life. I like history and enjoyed the Yorktown but I am not the "babysitting" type and that is what it basically turned out to be. And at night being cramped up in a room full of bunks stacked 2inches from each other with a bunch of sneezy, whiney, snotty kids was a nightmare come true. I kept waiting for the kid sleeping above me to piss himself in the middle of the nite. Just being honest..the parents that went on the trip were half the problem...hopefully your experience will be better.

This is what I was expecting... thanks for the honesty... hopefully I can snake a top bunk.

Archived