• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Going to Laugh...

Catalyst

Unless it's Cam Newton's pro day. It's funny how the anti Cam people won't even give him credit for throwing outside in the wind, while Gabbert did his indoors and still didn't complete every pass.

Again though...I just want a QB. It doesn't have to be Cam, although I do believe he has about 5 times the upside as the other candidates.

So you are saying the reason Cam was 50/60 is because he was throwing into the wind? Ok, well, if that's your opinion. I don't think the wind had much to do with it, since he threw terribly in doors not long before it.

He's a work in progress. He's learning to put nice touch on his deep ball. He has tremendous potential. I just hope if we take him #1 he actually lives up to it. I do not personally believe that every person with potential is guaranteed to reach it... and sometimes it's not exactly because they slacked off. Situation, etc, can play a big role.

I just don't think this is the right situation for him or any other rookie QB.

... when we do take Newton on draft day and all the anti-Cam posters' heads explode because they had honestly convinced themselves it was all a smokescreen.

I'll laugh when we don't because the Panthers would be stupid to draft a guy that plays QB but not even the best in the draft.

Unless it's Cam Newton's pro day. It's funny how the anti Cam people won't even give him credit for throwing outside in the wind, while Gabbert did his indoors and still didn't complete every pass.

Again though...I just want a QB. It doesn't have to be Cam, although I do believe he has about 5 times the upside as the other candidates.

What wind?

Well aren't you special.:rolleyes:

Well I think I am special but not for that reason.

If anything it's a curse not a gift.

So how about you, what did you do this weekend? You know so much about me I figured I should be polite and ask about you.

Did you have a good weekend?

Well I think I am special but not for that reason.

If anything it's a curse not a gift.

So how about you, what did you do this weekend? You know so much about me I figured I should be polite and ask about you.

Did you have a good weekend?

Damn, you want me to share my weekend now? Seriously, I did boring everyday things. I don't live the celebrity life like you do, you big ole success story you.

BTW, have you not figured out yet that I think it's lame as hell that you feel you have to constantly brag about youself on the internet?:D

Damn, you want me to share my weekend now? Seriously, I did boring everyday things. I don't live the celebrity life like you do, you big ole success story you.

BTW, have you not figured out yet that I think it's lame as hell that you feel you have to constantly brag about youself on the internet?:D

I didn't know staying home on a Friday night was bragging. Give it up for watching the soup with a friend from high school!!!!!!!!!!

We also played some pusoy, don't want to leave that out.

I prefer to think of myself as an open book. You told me my life sucked and I just gave you reasons why I think it didn't, and all were true. If you disagree then I respect that but I'm by no means a celebrity but I do consider myself a success story, considering the background I came from.

I didn't know staying home on a Friday night was bragging. Give it up for watching the soup with a friend from high school!!!!!!!!!!

We also played some pusoy, don't want to leave that out.

I prefer to think of myself as an open book. You told me my life sucked and I just gave you reasons why I think it didn't, and all were true. If you disagree then I respect that but I'm by no means a celebrity but I do consider myself a success story, considering the background I came from.

Well good for you. I don't remember telling you your life sucked though. If I did, I'm sure I was just trying to get your goat. I must have succeeded, since you're taking this so seriously.:D

Well good for you. I don't remember telling you your life sucked though. If I did, I'm sure I was just trying to get your goat. I must have succeeded, since you're taking this so seriously.:D

The interwebz is serious bidness.

So seriously, are you going to tell me about your weekend or what? I want to get to know the REAL Monstercat

... when we do take Newton on draft day and all the anti-Cam posters' heads explode because they had honestly convinced themselves it was all a smokescreen.

thats great, too bad being selected is only being selected. Then, you should be more worried that all the guys who are clamoring for him to be the pick live up to expectations. If he does, then it's a win/win for everybody, then hopefully we can be laughing at the stains, falcons and buccs together, our real enemies.

When i watch the NFL i want to see exciting games that are full of action with amazing plays. When i watch both Cam and Gabbert, Cam is the more exciting player to watch, he has the desire to be a star, and im confused to why people think that this is a bad thing? If I was at a Panthers game or watching one on TV i would want to see a player who can not just make good plays but amazing plays and I think Cam could pull this off better than Gabbert

For example I would rather see this:

rather than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW69HWngSdk

Sure Gabbert is good, and i would be happy with him if we do choose him, but i just feel like Cam would be more exciting to watch as a fan and he has the potential to be the face of the Panthers. Plus you have to be great to pull this off:

- 2009 NJCAA National Football Champion

- 2010 Heisman trophy winner.

- 2010 SEC Champion

- 2010 SEC Offensive Player of the Year

- 2010 AP Player of the Year

- 2011 BCS National Champion

- 3rd player in college football history to get 20+ rushing and 20+ passing TD in single season (2010)

- 1st SEC player to throw for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a single season. (2010)

When i watch the NFL i want to see exciting games that are full of action with amazing plays. When i watch both Cam and Gabbert, Cam is the more exciting player to watch, he has the desire to be a star, and im confused to why people think that this is a bad thing? If I was at a Panthers game or watching one on TV i would want to see a player who can not just make good plays but amazing plays and I think Cam could pull this off better than Gabbert

For example I would rather see this:

rather than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW69HWngSdk

Sure Gabbert is good, and i would be happy with him if we do choose him, but i just feel like Cam would be more exciting to watch as a fan and he has the potential to be the face of the Panthers. Plus you have to be great to pull this off:

- 2009 BCS National Champion

- 2009 NJCAA National Football Champion

- 2010 Heisman trophy winner.

- 2010 SEC Champion

- 2010 SEC Offensive Player of the Year

- 2010 AP Player of the Year

- 2011 BCS National Champion

- 3rd player in college football history to get 20+ rushing and 20+ passing TD in single season (2010)

- 1st SEC player to throw for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a single season. (2010)

who-_1112.jpg

- 2009 BCS National Champion

haha oh man... I don't even want to touch this one lest the laptop jokes rear their head again.

okay, look, nobody would say Cam Newton didn't accomplish some great things in college. The problem is that the level of success he had is not indicative of how he'd do in the NFL. Plenty of guys have had amazing college football careers that amounted to nothing in the NFL. While there is a reason that guys like Parcells value a certain minimum of wins, there's also a reason they don't require a national championship.

Cam was electrifying in college. The best player this year by far. But the best player in college football is rarely the best NFL prospect.

Archived