• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have reportedly made "significant progress" with free agent Jordan Gross

NCMTNCAT

you left out the last sentence of the rotoworld entry...

according to the entry before this one, the panthers haven't even bothered to talk to peppers.

imo, it looks like they would let peppers walk before losing gross.

Of course they would've. Peppers didn't want to be here. That made Gross Priority number one.

Guys, I don't know if you realize just how cheap this is for Gross. He could have made a *lot* more on the open market.

I know he's good friends with Jake, so I guess this should sadly put to rest any lingering doubts anyone might have had on whether Jake would be back next season.

He could have easily gotten 10 or 11 million a season. I'm happy, Gross indeed did give Carolina a discount and a pretty good one.

9 million per year is not cheap. Other than the Long contract which was way out of line with what he was worth, Gorss is going to be one of the highest paid linemen in the game. Gross would make 8.75 million as a franchised player and he would have no guarantee for any more money down the road. With this contract he will likely make at least 20 milion guaranteed and have the potential for another 40 million or so. That is a ton of money especially for a player who only this year was a pro-bowler. Up to now he was a good player but not worthy of top 5 money.

The only way i will be happy is when i actually see a deal get done............

so everyone do not just start cheering yet....plus everyone who keeps sayin tag Peps and Gross 1. you cant tag two players and 2 we tagged Gross last year (as a panthers fan prob should have known that one)

9 million per year is not cheap. Other than the Long contract which was way out of line with what he worth, Gorss is going to be one of the highest paid linemen in the game. Gross would make 8.75 million as a franchised player and he would have no guarantee for any more money down the road. With this contract he will likely make at least 20 milion guaranteed and have the potential for another 40 million or so. That is a tomn of money especially for a player who only this year was a pro-bowler. Up to now he was a good player but not worthy of top 5 money.

I somewhat agree but who out there is better? Is there a stud LT in the 2nd round? What stud F.A. LT we could get cheaper? Who right now on our team is better then Gross?

Archived