• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russ Lande on the Mac Attack

CatMan72

Russ Lande says he thinks the Panthers will take Newton, personally he would be more conservative and take Fairley.

Lande does not feel PP is the most "can't miss" prospect in the draft, says he felt like he was looking at Terrance Newman when he was watching tape of PP (ouch).

how the hell is fairley a conservative pick? he has the same boom or bust potential that newton has.

Thought the same thing, but Russ Lande says Fairley is a good kid who won't have any issues off the field and the stuff about his body is irrelevant.

I will agree about the body stuff, Warren Sapp played his whole career looking like 10 lbs of monkey crap in a 5 lb bag and he did pretty alright, not sure about off the field, I think some of Fairley's dirty play points to potential maturity issues.

Thought the comments about PP = Terrance Newman were VERY interesting... first person I've heard questioning PP.

I think he is right about Fairley. Jenkins was the same way. He carried extra weight and wasn't a physical specimen but he was athletic and quick. Fairley needs to develop an NFL body and gain strength. But he has a great frame to build upon and uses his leverage fairly well. He also has quick hands and feet and that can't be coached.

The dirty part can be eliminated fairly quickly if it is a problem. But being aggressive is a positive for a DT.

Russ Lande says he thinks the Panthers will take Newton, personally he would be more conservative and take Fairley.

Lande does not feel PP is the most "can't miss" prospect in the draft, says he felt like he was looking at Terrance Newman when he was watching tape of PP (ouch).

I don't take either one, Trade down

I don't take either one, Trade down

You're getting on my nerves with this. You keep saying "trade down" as if all the Panthers have to do is decide they want to trade, and then a trading partner will magically appear and give the Panthers exactly what they want for that 1st pick.

I'm telling you that it just doesn't work that way. Even if they get an offer, there is no guarantee that it will be an offer worth taking, and the Panthers will be lucky to get an offer, in the first place. You seem to think there will be 3-4 teams in a bidding war for Cam Newton, even though you don't think Newton is worth a top 5 pick. What the hell kind of logic is that?

I agree with him about PP. I just don't think he's the shutdown corner that everybody seems to think he is.

yeah, PP wasn't a shutdown corner in college (not against the top tier WRs)......and yet people think he is gonna come into the league and shutdown much much better WRs. He is a very good CB. Expecting more....I just don't get it.

Archived