• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I do not want Newton, Do you?

Ashor

Do you want to draft Cam Newton?

I am so surprised as to how many people are on the Newton bandwagon. He is not a championship quarterback because he is not a pure passer. I would think that I am speaking for the majority but apparently not. Cam Newton reminds me of JaMarcus Russell.

I do not want us to draft Newton because I still feel that Jimmy Clausen has not had an adequate opportunity to prove himself. Clausen started his rookie season for the worst offense in the league because of many different factors.

I am a Jimmy Clausen fan and supporter.

Well I will agree that Clausen did not get a fair shake but you must admit that he looked really bad.

I am trying not to into the Cam hype.I feel he is an incredible athelete with a big arm but I am not in any position to judge the intangibles.I am in that elite group of non haters and non lovers.

I don't understand the hype either, but I am not a Clausen fan.

I think you could count the Clausen fans on one hand including his family and Mel Kiper. I wonder how many Clausen jerseys have been sold since his first start

I am so surprised as to how many people are on the Newton bandwagon. He is not a championship quarterback because he is not a pure passer. I would think that I am speaking for the majority but apparently not. Cam Newton reminds me of JaMarcus Russell.

I do not want us to draft Newton because I still feel that Jimmy Clausen has not had an adequate opportunity to prove himself. Clausen started his rookie season for the worst offense in the league because of many different factors.

please tell me how russell and Newton are similar besides being big black players with a strong arm?

Clausen isn't the answer. I do believe he'll improve with the new staff, but I saw more than enough last year to know he'll never be an elite QB. I believe Cam has that potential. He may not be a "pure pocket passer" but neither is Aaron Rodgers.

Newton ran a run-first offense at Auburn, but when he was being recruited out of high school he was a pure pocket passer who had to convince scouts he could run.

There's absolutely ZERO question in my mind that he's got the physical ability to be an elite NFL QB. Can he adjust to the NFL as far as learning a pro offense and reading defenses? Can he get his footwork down? All valid questions, but I believe he can and that his potential is worth taking the big risk on.

He also reminds me of Josh Freemon who will be a probowl qb

If you watch Cam he leans forward as if he might run before he drops back in about 75% of every play he passes, it's almost instinct, immediate. Eliminate that factor in the NFL and it is extremely hard for me to see success in that.

I say I'm ok with itaking him if there is not a lockout. If there is forget it.

If you watch Cam he leans forward as if he might run before he drops back in about 75% of every play he passes, it's almost instinct, immediate. Eliminate that factor in the NFL and it is extremely hard for me to see success in that.

I say I'm ok with itaking him if there is not a lockout. If there is forget it.

you do know that lean forward was a designed as part of the offense right? It's similar to a play action fake to get dbs to bite and lose there coverage.

you do know that lean forward was a designed as part of the offense right? It's similar to a play action fake to get dbs to bite and lose there coverage.

Designed or not Newton won't have the luxury of getting the dbs in the NFL to bite on that if he isn't sacked right away. It is not even near being the same as a play action in my opinion. Defenses won't always bite a play action. A college team with always bite a Newton lean in. Extremely different. Plays like that discredit some of Newton's passes in my opinion, because he alone kept defenses honest to the run but now he can't do that anymore and we'll have to rely on his work ethics to help him transform properly. Work ethic to that extent is hard to judge.

I am sorry plays were designed in a way that discredits his passing, or at least transferable potential but it is what it is. Is is so hard for Cam lovers to see his negatives? I am not talking about negatives like bust potential, I am talking about negatives in the way he plays. Yeah he was a great college player but all this potential he has simply means he is going to have to change as a QB, he can not play like he did in college in the NFL, he just can't. Newton will have to learn to scramble in the backfield, and eventually gun it that is where his talent is. That isn't how he played in college.

i do not want the panthers to draft newton...

...only because i want them to pick marcell dareus.

even when newton wasn't in the picture and luck was the center of attention, i wanted marcell dareus.

who i wanted hasn't changed since last season, and it isn't going to change now.

if they do draft newton, then so be it.

i won't be disappointed because the pick is newton. i'll be disappointed because the pick isn't dareus.

Archived