• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got a job offer, need advice\thoughts

TarPanther9180

Looks like benefits are about the same, maybe a little better. Plus, it is closer to where I live.

Good, as long as you have benefits. Being closer is a plus!

Closer to home=potential more time with your son :):auto:

Sounds like this is a great opportunity that has presented itself ....payback for waiting it out and dealing with all your dumbass co workers

Congrats on the job offer btw!

Looks like benefits are about the same, maybe a little better. Plus, it is closer to where I live.

Add the gas difference up and over a year of after tax expense you may make up the difference in before tax pay.

Shorter commute and room for advancement. Try to get more money from them but like everyone has said take the offer.

I probably can swing the entire 12% cut, but it would be tough. I think if I can get in that 6-8%, it would make it a lot easier on me.

My call is meet them in the middle, and tell them that they just made a great decision in hiring you and you will be at work Monday morning.

What exactly do you do in IT? The demand for IT professionals is high right now, in California it's blowing up like crazy(companies adding perks like weekly massages). Go to salary.com and figure out where you stand.

What exactly do you do in IT? The demand for IT professionals is high right now, in California it's blowing up like crazy(companies adding perks like weekly massages). Go to salary.com and figure out where you stand.

Title is Systems Engineer, I support server and network infrastructure. However, I am not willing to relocate because of my son. The job market in Greensboro\Triad area sucks right now for IT folks, unless I want to take a 20%+ cut...which is a no go, no matter how happy I would be.

<---- Gets weekly massages at work

:lol:

I missed that potential.

Actually they have a Masseuse come in on Tuesdays. You just put your name on the list and get a 20 or 40 minute massage.

Although I am not opposed to the other kind :D

They figure a happy Engineering Dept. is a busy Eng. Dept.

We sure got them fooled :D

Archived