• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you believe QBs need to sit in order to be successful, you're basically a retard.

SmootsDaddy89

You said that lurking the message boards would have told me that Rivers was in a make or break year, and that he was considered a bust by the fans. I said horsepoo.

Your last paragraph still has nothing to do with what I said, because I stated from the get-go that it was the FANS who were saying that about Rivers, and not once did I say that the front office felt the same way or whatever point you were failing to make.

In general I prefer playing rookies as soon as possible but Cam is a bit different. He is so raw and needs to improve his mechanics/footwork a lot. He might benefit from redshirting his rookie year.

Y tank this season for cam to mature when there are TWO elite franchise QBs coming out next year that actually can start their rookie year and be good?

Your last paragraph still has nothing to do with what I said, because I stated from the get-go that it was the FANS who were saying that about Rivers, and not once did I say that the front office felt the same way or whatever point you were failing to make.

And you clearly weren't lurking San Diego's message boards before our game against them in 2008. There were a number of people who considered that to be his "make or break" year.

That is what you said, and I said that you have to be a retard to honestly pay attention to what posters on a message board say.

He's going to get in the game in some shape or form I think though. He might not be starting, but I would be surprised if we didn't put him in on some 3rd and short or goaline situations and see how he is handling the game. To think we are just going to let him sit and not use our number 1 pick in some shape or form is unlikely.

simple fact, the NFL speed and awareness is much higher than rookie QBs are really ready for. You can send them in with live bullets, but it's still best to let them sit for a year or 2 and let them develop.

then again, with a somewhat intelligent coaching staff, maybe they won't call deep pass plays when pass protection is consistently breaking down from the word GO, and help Newton/Clausen/whoever out a little bit.

That would be nice.. maybe I'm still emotionally scarred from how f**kING INCOMPETENT FOX/DAVIDSON were...

1st round picks don't sit 2-3 yrs in today's NFL.......they only sit for years when they behind pro bowl or HOF QBs.

1st round picks don't sit 2-3 yrs in today's NFL.......they only sit for years when they behind pro bowl or HOF QBs.

So, if the Jags take Mallet this year in the first they should bench Garrard?

I would let him sit for two years, then come in after he has learned how to be a pro.

I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find any non-troll posters on Indy's boards calling Manning a bust. There isn't that kind of speculation about a player unless it has some legitimacy.

I bet after year 1 you did.

Come on man, you picked two horrible QB's to make your point with.

Matt Cassel also sat behind Brady for 5 YEARS!

Matt Cassel is smoke and mirrors. Matt Cassell was also so bad at times before Brady blew his knee out that in garbage time he actually benched Cassel and would put Brady back in.

If Jimmy Clausen could run he probably wouldn't be that different than Cassel....other than the fact Cassell doesn't ignore the most talented guy on the field.

So, if the Jags take Mallet this year in the first they should bench Garrard?

Yes. There isn't any benefit to keeping him on the bench for a few years, not knowing if he has what it takes to be their franchise guy. That's why I'm glad Clausen got so many starts.

Imagine how much more divided we'd be if Matt Moore started every game, sucked ass, and we still had the #1 overall pick, with no clue as to whether Jimmy could be our guy. What if we passed on QBs this year and next year only to find out Jimmy stinks in 2012 when we let Matt Moore go run a fruit stand?

That would suck.

Just looked it up.

Tom Brady's complete rookie season passing statistics:

1-of-3 passing, for six yards.

I believe all of these were from the Thanksgiving game.... unless I have the wrong year (grew up in Detroit watching Lions)

Archived