• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me your opinion

Epistaxis

A guy is sending very flirty texts/emails to my wife.

I have met the guy, he couldn't sniff my jock at any appreciable level.

My wife is polite but thinks it is nothing, and since she is new to the technology (I'm really damn lo-tech too) she just chalks it up to what people do these days and mostly thinks nothing of it.

I'm contemplating shooting him an email about the inappropriate nature of some of his comments directed at a married woman. He has never said anything obscene, he isn't that stupid. Just flirty comments about her cuteness, smartness, asks single guy type questions with endings like "don't worry, I won't 'break up with you' if you say X".

Let's just say I used to know how to play the game, and I know fishing when I see it.

Thoughts?

My inclination is to let it go since my wife just could not care less about the guy or the situation.

dealt with this a time or two myself. Last time I did a little detective work, found out where he lived and told him the next time he texted or called anything at all, I was coming to his place to discuss it with him. Sometimes, being 6'7" has it's perks

@salty- while back in the day when the testosterone flowed thru me like a raging bull, I'm just not that surly anymore. Also, I have quite a bit to lose if I went caveman. At this stage in my life, the caveman would only make an appearance with a legit threat to my family's well being. Also, I'd have to hop a flight to do said deed.

@Biscuit- This guy is single, wealthy, and successful so his meanderings are clearly MILF hunting in nature. He has no such threat to fear.

There was a guy doing the same to my wife... a pastor actually... it was kinda funny, but creepy at the same time.

My wife dealt with it... she emailed him and told him it was inappropriate and would hate to talk to his wife about it... it stopped.

Similar situation here except it was someone working with her at a termporary job site. No hardcore harrassment but inappropriate comments and gestures. She reported to his boss. It stopped completely. Fortunately she moved on to another site within a few months.

I find it hard to believe she's not getting even a slight ego boost from this, which is actually no biggie to me.

Something similar was going on with my wife and some guy a couple years ago. I took the same "let it go" attitude and what I found was that she would get her ego boost from him, get all horned up, and then go wild with me.

It actually led to a stronger bond between us and eventually he realized that his advances were having the opposite effect. I'd say you're on the right track.

It reminded me of guys who go to strip clubs, it doesn't matter where you get your appetite, as long as you eat at home.

@salty- while back in the day when the testosterone flowed thru me like a raging bull, I'm just not that surly anymore. Also, I have quite a bit to lose if I went caveman. At this stage in my life, the caveman would only make an appearance with a legit threat to my family's well being. Also, I'd have to hop a flight to do said deed.

@Biscuit- This guy is single, wealthy, and successful so his meanderings are clearly MILF hunting in nature. He has no such threat to fear.

you know im just playing bro. Im just saying its pretty stupid of the guy and you need to confront him and get it taken cared of quickly.

Oh and what would your wife say if the same thing was happening to you?

Interesting question. She would probably laugh and totally ignore it/not care.

We are both very secure in our relationship and realize our total co-dependency on one another.

Archived