• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Kurb

I think Jon is actually going to have to kill Dany FWIW... Not because he wants to, but to save the realm from the Night's King. If the prophecy about him being Azor Ahai is true, then the only candidates for his Nissa Nissa are Dany, Sansa, and Arya.

6 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I think Jon is actually going to have to kill Dany FWIW... Not because he wants to, but to save the realm from the Night's King. If the prophecy about him being Azor Ahai is true, then the only candidates for his Nissa Nissa are Dany, Sansa, and Arya.

What exactly does the Azor Ahai prophecy say going forward?  His nissa nissa and future after the battle?

I just don't see how Snow lives til the end but I do think Dany and her dragons have to die.  I could be swayed on Snow I guess sitting on the throne as credits roll but that just seeks too perfect for this tale 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai

According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai[3] from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again as a champion sent by R'hllor.[6] This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world.[3] It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him,

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.[3]

Melisandre has mentioned the prince that was promised[7] and Azor Ahai interchangeably, although she tends to use the name Azor Ahai far more often

I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow.[9]

- Melisandre's thoughts

Now then, most believe Jon to be AA. I have not been so sure, but it is probably true.

Personally, I think it would be more interesting if Azor Ahai is someone we least expect. My prime candidate is the Hound. Not only would there be some great irony with his fear of fire, but he does fit some of the prophecy IMHO.

Also:

Prophecy is like a half-trained mule. It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head.[60]

- Tyrion Lannister to Jorah Mormont

32 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

What in the world is Nissa Nissa? @Bronn @CRA

Nissa Nissa was the wife of Azor Ahai. He sacrificed her to create the famous sword, Lightbringer.

The Legend of Lightbringer

Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, while her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon.[1]

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Nissa_Nissa

Basically, the theory is that Azor Ahai reborn is going to need another Nissa Nissa to help create Lightbringer. It is interesting that Sam's family's sword is called Heartsbane, and Sam stole it, and it could eventually find its way to Jon.

For that matter, Sam could be Azor Ahai and everyone's head could explode when he kills Gilly to make Heartsbane into LIghtbringer. LOL

Mel also had a vision or prophecy or something that said Azor Ahai would be reborn amidst salt and smoke.

In the books, when Jon had his "For the Watch" moment, some of the guys stabbing him were crying (salt) and his wounds seemed to smoke in the cold air.

On the other hand, Sandor Clegane was gravely injured and found the Monastery in the Saltpans, which I recall to have been smoking at the time Arya left him from having been burnt by the Brave Companions (a group at one time that had dealings with Gregor Clegane.)

See how so many theories can cover multiple scenarios? GRRM is truly brilliant in this technique tbqh. Everything, no matter how insignificant at the time, could end up being important later.

25 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Basically, the theory is that Azor Ahai reborn is going to need another Nissa Nissa to help create Lightbringer. It is interesting that Sam's family's sword is called Heartsbane, and Sam stole it, and it could eventually find its way to Jon.

For that matter, Sam could be Azor Ahai and everyone's head could explode when he kills Gilly to make Heartsbane into LIghtbringer. LOL

lol at Sam.  They could have him on snow skis jumping over white walker sharks

but I assume Sam finds something in that library....probably some good old instructions or ancient prophecy involving his sword for his good buddy.

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol at Sam.  They could have him on snow skis jumping over white walker sharks

but I assume Sam finds something in that library....probably some good old instructions or ancient prophecy involving his sword for his good buddy.

I think so, too. But, while my previous post was in jest, Sam even fulfills the salt and smoke prophecy.

When he killed the White Walker in the books, becoming Sam the Slayer, he was crying. It was so cold his tears froze on his cheeks. Salt. Also, the White Walker's blue blood was pooling on the ground and smoking. Martin included these details, in my opinion, to literally give Sam a case for AA if he decided to go that route.

Some people think, I should have added, that Azor Ahai isn't the only hero against the White Walkers (the Others.) While "The Prince that was Promised" is used interchangeably, it could be a different person. I'm sure there are going to be a ton of people fighting the fight, when it comes, but whoever gets to wield the flaming sword is going to totally be badass. lol

45 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I didn't remember that from the books. Thanks and LOL imagining Sam as AA and killing Gilly and the broken Internet after words. :)

TV show only...how many Valyrian Steel swords are in play?

Longclaw w/ Jon

Heartsbane w/ Sam

Oakbreaker w/ Brienne

and Joffery's MIA sword

is that it?  I assume Lightbringer will be a variation of one of those already in play?

Archived